• 2(current)
XBMC skin suite by wabidwoveren (XME)
looks great.

just tried it out after my first sucessful build from the cvs  :lol:
but i can't get the osd to show up.. maybe i missed some files or maybe the anon cvs i lagging again ?

great work. nice look for a default skin. but my favorite is still blackblue.

:edit:
got the osd to show up by switching to ntsc... later i copied some files missing in the pal drawer of the skin and i worked in pal to... so no problem =)
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
blackblue decided to adopt our icons, so it looks alot more like our skin now. also he changed it alot and some people dont like it as much.
Wink 
i'm having a problem with the latest cvs/skin where if i go to the exit button on top which is suppose to shut it down? and the other im guessing is suppose to reboot but when i go to them the screen just goes black and stays black and the xbox stays on. i have even deleted the udata and tdata to see if that would fix it but still happens now i have to keep shutting it off by pressing power button on xbox
the skin is up check the screenshots site
nice job Wink
same pb as beelzebub : none of the exit / reboot button give a relaunch / shut down.

in fact the program launch shortcuts do not work either.

i am not sure that this is skin based probem.

this looks like this latest cvs built yesterday 7.3.4 at 17h00 does not allow program exit. could this be python script related ?

apart from that, you guys really did an amazing "art direction" for this media experience skin that looks both very
- professionnal
-fresh and vivid

well done.

lud

re-edit : relaunch pb solved with new cvs. everything works well done everybody !!!
frodo fixed the problem with the exit/reboot and launching apps in latest cvs Smile
Quote:* use of pictures licensed by third parties
you may use pictures, if any, provided in the software, which may be licensed from third parties, to demonstrate or complete your work created by the use of the software; provided that you should not use the pictures in any illegal or immoral manners, nor shall you grant your right to use to any third party. cyberlink does not provide any warranty or representation to these pictures from third parties.

does this really make xme legal? how do you know that the ripped pictures are the third-party ones? and even if they are, the usage covers work created by use of the software, which implies intended use, not ripping out bits of it to make a different application.

not that i really care, but sometimes the rather 'unique' interpretation of licensing by the xbox community gets my goat.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
very nice !!!
thanxxx Smile
congratulations!

i hope retro will be kept updated though.
congratulations!

i hope retro will be kept up-to-date by the relevant people though.
has anyone got the link for the new skin?
i really like the new skin, so don't get me wrong, but i am not sure i follow the logic as to why this one was chosen as the new default skin. it was said...

Quote:until now we were using a skin based on windows xp mediacenter. unfortunately this skin and its graphics are copyrighted.

but this skin based on dell media center experience program which is also copyrighted. so changing to this skin does not really address the copyright issue at all. i was expecting the new default skin to be one of the ones with original graphics like retro, hifi or blueblack.
wow, nice skin, by far the best.. can i change my vote.?

about the legal thing it does say that you can use the artwork, the opening line is "you may use pictures, if any, provided in the software". the main restriction being that "you should not use the pictures in any illegal or immoral manners"

or am i reading this wrong..?
Quote:does this really make xme legal? how do you know that the ripped pictures are the third-party ones? and even if they are, the usage covers work created by use of the software, which implies intended use, not ripping out bits of it to make a different application.

not that i really care, but sometimes the rather 'unique' interpretation of licensing by the xbox community gets my goat.
that is the company that actually made the software for dell, as it includes powerdvd, dell just put there name on it. the dell logo is only in the skin once and its on the exit logo Smile

Quote:about the legal thing it does say that you can use the artwork, the opening line is "you may use pictures, if any, provided in the software". the main restriction being that "you should not use the pictures in any illegal or immoral manners"
xbmc itself is legal so its fine. its just when the usual places compile it that the line is gray, so its there problem
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC skin suite by wabidwoveren (XME)0