Resume video/music playback on startup (like car-stereo's memory feature)
yeh, well, i would turn xbmc off via the off button so i wouldnt need the 10 sec feature, just a thought, im a car audio technician so love the memory feature. Any way, cheers for the reply and greetings from New Zealand

:-D

pike Wrote:one one side is people who ask: why must xbmc access the HDD ?

then we have people like you, who would like it to access it every 10 secs

L O L

after 2.0 we plan to add virtual memory support, then this can be done aswell
somebody was writing a script to do that, post a message in there
hey guys, any updates on this yet? version 2 is out now....

I'd be willing to pay someone to code this for me, drop me an email - [email protected]
I will pay 100$ for the implementation of this feature and it's incorporation into an SVN. Please feel free to PM me for details.
If anyone would like to donate to this feature implementation, I will personally hold donations for this implementation where all funds will be given to the programmer who successfully implements this feature. I will repost with the total after every donation (if any). Thanks.
Last year I've created a simple Python script combination which does just this; the Stop key is remapped to call a script which saves the state, and another script can be called through the GUI resuming that file from that position.

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=23489

This script could of course also be immediately started through the Autoexec py file.

Only annoying issue currently is that once in a while during resuming XBMC hangs, I believe that may have to do with setting the position while the movie is not yet completely loaded.

Since the script is rather straightforward, perhaps a dev may find it easy to track down the solution to this problem.

Cheers,

ezd

(if this helps out any donation planner, help out the core dev team with it :-) )
there is already a script out for this. please use that, called resumeX i belive
blittan Wrote:there is already a script out for this. please use that, called resumeX i belive

Fantastic news. Thank you so much for this. I have been waiting for over 3 years for this.
Yeh, now wheres my money?

Oh, heres a download link for ResumeX by the way.

http://www.xbmcscripts.com/index.php?opt...meX%20v0.4

If you have any thoughts etc on the script, let me know.

Cheers,
Stanley87

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume video/music playback on startup (like car-stereo's memory feature)0