• 2(current)
Windows 7 + XBMC
rernst Wrote:Did you find anything that you felt was compelling?

I meant upgrade my entire computer, not just the OS. If win7 works as well as XP (early reports say it should if you dl drivers from manufacturer versus the included windows ones) then I see no reason not to use it. Otherwise I will go back to XP.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
delboyuk Wrote:@TeknoJuce... did you have to do anything special to get XBMC running on Windows 7 ?

When i try, XBMC appears to install OK but fails to start with an error message - don't have the details with me at the moment but a Google search of the error code seemed to imply it may have something to do with Microsoft .net Framework !

An advice/suggestions appreciated. Del

Just install .NET Framework 1.1 and you should be fine (be sure to reboot after installing).

Other than that, it runs like a champ.

-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Just install .NET Framework 1.1 and you should be fine (be sure to reboot after installing).

Other than that, it runs like a champ.

-stoli-

nope, change your gfx driver to the vista one from intel, that solves it.
I'm wondering if anyone has got it to work in a Win7 VMware installation?

I've installed .NET Framework 1.1, but no luck Sad

Could install it on another PC, but i'd rather try it out in VMware Smile
Futte^ Wrote:I'm wondering if anyone has got it to work in a Win7 VMware installation?

I've installed .NET Framework 1.1, but no luck Sad

Could install it on another PC, but i'd rather try it out in VMware Smile

check if the vmware gfx driver support opengl higher then 1.1
probably not...
Jester Wrote:check if the vmware gfx driver support opengl higher then 1.1
probably not...
Thanks for the answer.

You're right, vmware doesn't support it. I'll just install it on a real machine then Smile
works like a charm on windows 7 beta1
Futte^ Wrote:You're right, vmware doesn't support it. I'll just install it on a real machine then Smile
You could try the very latest VirtualBox http://www.virtualbox.org (it support basic GPU 3D acceleration)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Works great on Windows 7 Build 7000.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Works great on Windows 7 Build 7000.

Which build are you using?
did you need to do anything special to get it to work? im getting an error saying error at 0x0000000000 memory could not be read.
have you tried ikons or jester builds?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:have you tried ikons or jester builds?

no, where do i get those? the only download i saw on xbmc.org was this one: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xbmc/XB...se_mirror=
Look in the first sticky

oh, i see...thanks
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 + XBMC0