[FTP] Join XBMC from remote
Hello,

I would like to join my XBMC (on XBOX) from internet. I have created a "virtual server" on the belking configuration to redirect the port 21 to the local IP.

But if I try to FTP on the WAN IP I have "Connection refused". There is some setting to change ?

Thanks
Use Logmein to your home PC and control the xbox from there?
Geeba Wrote:Use Logmein to your home PC and control the xbox from there?

Hmm.. why not directly ?
You might want to doublecheck your router settings again. I don't think it is a setup issue on your xbox if you can ftp into it from within your LAN.
gabbott Wrote:You might want to doublecheck your router settings again. I don't think it is a setup issue on your xbox if you can ftp into it from within your LAN.

Config the router is simple, just mapping the 21 port to the local IP (xbox). Maybe I have to use some tool to config the server (into the Xbox), I have try to modify manually the config file but it dosn't works!

I have add a new user and after the boot I'm not able to join Xbox by FTP! user and password missing! Fortunally I had a backup of the config file... and I used it not by FTP but just direclty by XBOX remote control.

I'll try to find some tools to config the FTP server then I'll post here again.

EDIT

The best way to config the FTP-server is with Filezilla server tools (from here) using the same version of the server installed on the XBOX.

The server must be configured for passive mode if you have a router/firwall.

I asked to a friend to test it. I have created a new user and now I'm waiting him...into my xbox
It works!

I have created new users and they join my Xbox over Internet (throw the router). It's snice!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FTP] Join XBMC from remote0