Skinner Request: Different fanart utilization (with example view)
anoobie Wrote:Image

From the Project Mayhem HD skin mod.

I would love a view that would utilize fanart like this, in a different way than fullscreen. To me, fullscreen fanart usually leaves most of the image unviewable and thus I don't use it.

I think Mediastream is the best candidate for a view similar to the above, with a scrolling list to the right and possibly a tilted movie poster in the bottom left corner. I don't even think the synopsis info would be needed. I love this view, as you can see the entire fanart image, and I think that is how fanart should be.

Please? Big Grin
Have you tried using the Media Preview view with the info turned off? (Check the skin settings if you have not tried it)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Have you tried using the Media Preview view with the info turned off? (Check the skin settings if you have not tried it)

Yes and I used it for while. I just love the idea of having a vertical scroll list on the right and a full fanart image that isn't full screen and tilted movie poster combo also.

Love the skin by the way, obviously.
I can't see it becoming a view in MediaStream, as MS was not designed with a focus on fanart, it was designed around the media with the fanart as an aside. (Plus the fact that we are pretty much out of space for any more video views as XBMC only allows 10)

We are currently in the planning stage for our next skin and at the moment it should (hopefully) please all the fanart fanatics out there as there will be a far greater push on the fanart side with a much more minimal skin.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I can't see it becoming a view in MediaStream, as MS was not designed with a focus on fanart, it was designed around the media with the fanart as an aside. (Plus the fact that we are pretty much out of space for any more video views as XBMC only allows 10)

We are currently in the planning stage for our next skin and at the moment it should (hopefully) please all the fanart fanatics out there as there will be a far greater push on the fanart side with a much more minimal skin.

Cool. Well I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw it out there. Maybe some modders will notice.

Thanks for the replies, and as always, great work.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:We are currently in the planning stage for our next skin and at the moment it should (hopefully) please all the fanart fanatics out there as there will be a far greater push on the fanart side with a much more minimal skin.

Interesting, anymore info at this stage?
wow, those are really good knows from the team

You guys are doing a very good job, and this makes me very happy, because I love fanart

Good luck
Hitcher Wrote:Interesting, anymore info at this stage?

Haha, nope. It's WAAAY too early for anything worth talking about, never mind showing. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skinner Request: Different fanart utilization (with example view)0