Does the eventclient stuff work in Windows?
I've managed to build the example_button1 eventclient example, and when I test it with a test applet that listens on UDP port 9777 I see it send the eventclient messages. However when I try it with the XBMC beta2 nothing happens i.e. XMBC ignores anything sent from the event client.

Is the eventclient working in beta2. netstat shows me that XBMC is listening on UDP port 9777. Is there any way to get XBMC to log eventclient connections or do I have to bite the bullet and build my own copy of XBMC?

Thanks,

John Rennie
I think that would be easiest, yes. It may well be that the example eventclient is quite out of date and is missing some negotiation packet or something (this is just a guess - I have nothing to do with that bit of code at all!)

Cheers
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The example_button1.cpp example, and probably the other examples as well, are badly out of date. I'd guess the eventclient stuff in XBMC has changed during development and the examples need updating.

I have managed to get example_button1 working, but I'm not sure I fully understand how the api works so I'm reluctant to post my changes unless one of the developers is willing to look them over first.
Post them on trac and one of the eventclient/server devs will be happy to look over them.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does the eventclient stuff work in Windows?1