Can up arrow be programmed to skip forward certain minutes?
http://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=HOW-TO:...did=103274

Ignore the smallstepback and stepback/stepforward tags. The rest should still work. I adjust my bigsteps to 5 minutes so that it still retains the option of being chapter up/down. This should still be working as of v16.1.
I've read advancedsettings.xml before and changed right arrow behavior before this thread. Here is the current content

<advancedsettings>
<seeksteps>10, 20, 30, 120</seeksteps>
<usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking> <!-- Whether to use time based or percentage based seeking. -->
<timeseekforwardbig>120</timeseekforwardbig> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek. Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
<timeseekbackwardbig>-120</timeseekbackwardbig> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek. Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->
</advancedsettings>

The above does not affect the up arrow. Still 10 min forward.

I read the keyboard.xml but could not figure out how to map the up arrow to 120 seconds forward. What should I try?
Because the file is missing the < video > tags. It should look like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <timeseekforwardbig>120</timeseekforwardbig>
    <timeseekbackwardbig>-120</timeseekbackwardbig>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
(2016-10-26, 21:16)Ned Scott Wrote: http://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=HOW-TO:...did=103274

Ignore the smallstepback and stepback/stepforward tags. The rest should still work. I adjust my bigsteps to 5 minutes so that it still retains the option of being chapter up/down. This should still be working as of v16.1.

Thanks a lot. My settings were missing the <video> tag. The below now works as I expected

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking> <!-- Whether to use time based or percentage based seeking. -->
<timeseekforwardbig>120</timeseekforwardbig> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek. Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
<timeseekbackwardbig>-120</timeseekbackwardbig> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek. Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can up arrow be programmed to skip forward certain minutes?0