can xbmc play ISO DVD movies with menu?
As title

Can it also play divx, xvid. I tried adding some videos of this format and xbmc would not show any movies apart from video_ts. I thought it can play all formats like vlc?

Lastly if it can play divx and xvid, then can you get cover art for those movies. I have backed up a lot of my DVD's as 2 CD dvdrips with 5.1 sound it would be nice to get the cover art for these movies.

any help much appreciated

Many thanks in advance
I can reproduce ISO DVD, in fact, that's one of the things I like most of XBMC.

Just add folder source of your ISO files, then select any iso and hit Enter. To go to the DVD menu, once it is playing, just hit Enter again and a bar should appear in the bottom of the screen. There you will see the player options (play, stop, ff, rewind) and at the right of those buttons are the options for DVD, and the last one gives you access to the DVD menu.

About the cover art, just add source for your movies, set content to "movies" on the source and then right click on the source and select "scan to library" (or something like that, I can't remember the exact menu name).

Hope this helps,

Good luck
I just tried it and ISO's works which is amazing and thanks about the cover art. In fact thanks for everything. I don't suppose you know how to setup the aeon skin I just can't do it.
This is also my favorite part of XBMC. Better quality than avi.
HTPC= AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 l Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G l G Skill 2GB l HVR-1800 l PVR-150 l Ultra MicroFly Case l 180GB SATA l 250GB IDE
Old HTPC Build / Current 780G HTPC Build / My Website
slippy Wrote:I just tried it and ISO's works which is amazing and thanks about the cover art. In fact thanks for everything. I don't suppose you know how to setup the aeon skin I just can't do it.

Why don't you try Horizon instead of Aeon? Aeon is a great skin, but I've come to like Horizon a little better.

What do you mean with "how to set up"? Everything works just as it is intended, no matter what skin you're using. Perhaps you mean the cover-art? If using wide banners for your movies, just highlight one of them, press C, Movie Information, Get Thumb and choose a "standing" cover instead.
Thanks for your reply

So I don't have to setup the movies folder for each skin?

In PM3.HD it doesn't have that cover art effect like on apple tv which is why I like aeon and mediastream which have this feature. You know the on the wall cover art where you see all the pictures of the dvd boxes and the other where you can scroll from left to right to see them and they pop out in front of you. So all I need to do is press C, Movie Information, Get Thumb and choose a "standing" cover instead? How do I know if I am using wide banners?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks in advance

EDIT: where can I get this horizon skin? Is it beta?
No, you don't have to setup the Library for each skin. They all use the same database. Great, huh? Wink

You can find Horizon on the forum at the Skin-section. Horizon can do what you want your Library to do.

You'll know if you're using wide banners if they look really strange in Library Mode of Horizon (or Aeon too).
Sweet! I got it all working! thanks nu1mlock

Now I have to say this xbmc is totally amazing. It's the best thing out there.

I just got one last problem I don't know hot to exit the program? also is there a list of keyboard shortcut keys?

Thanks
To exit the program, just go back to the main menu, press "down" and then "Power". That will close XBMC.

Read this for keyboard shortcuts:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Global_Keyboard
Sorry I know this is a old thread but does anyone know if there's a way of booting straight to the menu rather than goings into the video then back out??
Don't really understand the question? what exactly do you mean by "booting straight to the menu rather than goings into the video then back out"?
Sorry ill try again. Basically ive got the led zeppelin 2003 dvd isos. and everytime i launch one of them in xbmc it just starts playing the dvd (as in the first song). Now rather than that, i want it to go to the menu where you can choose what song to watch etc first
Ah ok I'm with you now, pretty sure it always goes to the menu for me but will need to check later.

How do you launch the dvd iso?
its just in its folder on my hard drive. Scrape it the same way you would for anything else then launch as normal by just pressing enter on it
I tried a couple of dvd iso files last night and as I thought they launched to the DVD menu as I's expect, do you have the actual retail disc to try playback from disk within XBMC to see if it's the same behaviour? just wondering if it's something to do with the disc itself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can xbmc play ISO DVD movies with menu?0