Bug: Apple TV and Remote
I left XBMC running at the main screen.

I later used the Remote app on my iPod Touch to start a podcast that was sent to my ATV and two Airport Expresses. When I returned to the ATV the main screen was dimmed and did not respond to the remote control (although it made the 'bop' noise).

I have turned off the ATV built in screen saver.

Otherwise it is an outstanding port to the ATV. Well done!!
actually one other small issue -

Although my tv is 720p (50 or 60 Hz), I used to run the ATV at 1080i, as the downscaler in the TV seemed to be higher quality than the ATVs. After installing XBMC the aspect ratio goes wrong at 1080i and squishes the screen into the middle. Not a big deal (unless it happens on real 1080 tvs too!).
catsaver Wrote:I left XBMC running at the main screen.

I later used the Remote app on my iPod Touch to start a podcast that was sent to my ATV and two Airport Expresses. When I returned to the ATV the main screen was dimmed and did not respond to the remote control (although it made the 'bop' noise).

I have turned off the ATV built in screen saver.

Otherwise it is an outstanding port to the ATV. Well done!!

Hi,
what I think is happening, is that Frontrow pops xbmc(launcher) from screen. XBMCLauncher does not receive AppleRemote events after that. To verify this I'd need to see your logfiles.
If that's the case it's still not really clear how to resolve it:
- Stop XBMC if one activates Podcasts / Airtunes?
- Try to recover after something was played. (No sure if this is possible with current way IR handling is done. You could check what happens if you do that while Boxee is running)
- Try to stop ATV from doing something different while XBMC is running?

What would you vote for? Smile

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks. I'll get the logs, but in the meantime I think that the preferred behaviour is to exit XBMC when Remote takes control.

All the best
Bump. This is still an issue. Any fixes?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug: Apple TV and Remote0