• 6(current)
Focus - Alpha 6c released
Alpha 6c now available, see first page or my sig for download location. No big changes, just a fix for the disappearing plot info in fanart view. This hopefully works correctly now.

o_dog Wrote:is it jsut me that experience sluggish performance in fileview on this? The cpu usage rushes up and it performs sluggish as hell. Dunno what's causing it but it's really annoying. Love the skin but can't use it because of this. Saw an eariler post about the same thing but no real response to it.
Indeed, other people have reported this too. As I am not experiencing this sluggishness myself it's hard to find the cause of this. However during my work on the other project I may have found a solution for it, although I am not 100% sure. It will take some time to port this over to the current Focus release. I hope to find some time the upcoming week to implement this.
Works great and all accept is there something i can do to stop it from exiting library mode every time i leave videos, or music sections?
Jeroen Wrote:Alpha 6c now available, see first page or my sig for download location. No big changes, just a fix for the disappearing plot info in fanart view. This hopefully works correctly now.

Thank you for this fix! I will test tonight. Smile
Hey Jeroen!! Thanks for the Update!! Love this skin!!
Im just having this small problem when I'm browsing my library and looking at a movie or tv show plot/info screen it goes back to the beginning of my video list, it wont stay on the selected file. Or if I'm watching a TV Season and Im on Ep 5 after the show is over it will go back to Ep1. Thats it! Other than that I think this skin is perfect!!!
HTPC
Operating System: Win7 64-Bit Pro w/SP1
System: Intel Core2Duo 3.0Ghz / 4GB PC6400 DDR2 / ATI HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
XBMC Build: Kodi 14.0
Remote: Harmony One and HP Receiver
Display: 65" Toshiba dlp HDTV
XBOX
XBox Version: 1.6b
Xbox Mod: XboxHDM (Ndure)
Xbox Hard Drive: Seagate 400GB[/size]
Jeroen Wrote:Alpha 6c now available, see first page or my sig for download location. No big changes, just a fix for the disappearing plot info in fanart view. This hopefully works correctly now.

i hate to say this Sad, but unfortunately it doesn't. it works perfectly for movies now, but sucks on tv-series fanart view.. look at this:

as you can see, series info is just written over everything else now. and, as a second issue i might have overseen before (since version before also does it), fanart view in tv-series is only useful if you use wide series banners (seems you liked to stick on them) instead of season (dvd) covers or posters.

edit: ah, i found the option i missed.. it's under settings -> info settings -> use poster view styles for tv shows. now it just looks like in the movie section. however, if you use banners, you would have the screen above.
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:i hate to say this Sad, but unfortunately it doesn't. it works perfectly for movies now, but sucks on tv-series fanart view.. look at this:

as you can see, series info is just written over everything else now. and, as a second issue i might have overseen before (since version before also does it), fanart view in tv-series is only useful if you use wide series banners (seems you liked to stick on them) instead of season (dvd) covers or posters.
Go to Settings > Skin Settings > Info Settings> Turn on "Use Poster Styles for TV Shows"
jalesm Wrote:Go to Settings > Skin Settings > Info Settings> Turn on "Use Poster Styles for TV Shows"

yeah, i've already edited my post since i figured out for myself.
anyway, users who like to use those wide banners instead of posters would still have the issue..
cheers,azido :;):
XBMCG33K Wrote:Works great and all accept is there something i can do to stop it from exiting library mode every time i leave videos, or music sections?
This is by design, see post #58 Smile

kautious Wrote:Hey Jeroen!! Thanks for the Update!! Love this skin!!
Im just having this small problem when I'm browsing my library and looking at a movie or tv show plot/info screen it goes back to the beginning of my video list, it wont stay on the selected file.

Or if I'm watching a TV Season and Im on Ep 5 after the show is over it will go back to Ep1. Thats it! Other than that I think this skin is perfect!!!
I would have to look into this further, but I suspect this may be an xbmc issue. Does it stay on the selected file in other skins?

azido Wrote:i hate to say this Sad, but unfortunately it doesn't. it works perfectly for movies now, but sucks on tv-series fanart view.. look at this:

I always overlook things for wide banners Rolleyes I don't use them myself.
I will upload a fix later.
Jeroen Wrote:I would have to look into this further, but I suspect this may be an xbmc issue. Does it stay on the selected file in other skins?

Yea, it only with Focus6c, the way I check to see if it was XBMC or just Focus6c was I would go to Xtv skin go to my video library, play a movie and press stop. My current movie is still selected. But when I do the samething with Focus6c, the First movie in my library would be selected.
HTPC
Operating System: Win7 64-Bit Pro w/SP1
System: Intel Core2Duo 3.0Ghz / 4GB PC6400 DDR2 / ATI HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
XBMC Build: Kodi 14.0
Remote: Harmony One and HP Receiver
Display: 65" Toshiba dlp HDTV
XBOX
XBox Version: 1.6b
Xbox Mod: XboxHDM (Ndure)
Xbox Hard Drive: Seagate 400GB[/size]
I accidentally downloaded version 6 alpha of this skin and overwrote my SD version. This is really unusable at the moment for SD TVs. Could some please upload the last version 5 that was SD and 4:3. Thanks
Alpha 5c is still available on the Focus google code page. Just select "all downloads" on the download page Smile
any progress on the sluggish performance in fileview? Tried it on 3 diffrent computers with diffrent HW and they all react the same.
kautious Wrote:Yea, it only with Focus6c, the way I check to see if it was XBMC or just Focus6c was I would go to Xtv skin go to my video library, play a movie and press stop. My current movie is still selected. But when I do the samething with Focus6c, the First movie in my library would be selected.

i have the same problem.
It works with the other skins.
o_dog Wrote:any progress on the sluggish performance in fileview? Tried it on 3 diffrent computers with diffrent HW and they all react the same.

I just want to add I have the same problem, but only when I use list view. The icon views view are very responsive, which is really weird since it seems like it should be other way around.
Hi just read through the whole thread and have a question that was not asked ( I do not think anyway ).

In my music section I use Icon display. What I have noticed is that the main display image overlays the library images. Is there anyway to have the screen seperated so you have all the library images on one side and the actual selected image on the other. I have posted 2 screen shots showing roughly what I mean.

Hope these explain what I mean.

Also From what I have read there is currently no fanart on the main menu screen that is correct isnt it?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus - Alpha 6c released1