Somebody HELP please!
ok i'm a massive fan of this media program and what it can do! i first discovered it using a mac mini under the name of plex ( which works no problems ) but being a pc windows guy and the fact i wanted to watch blu ray content ( on other programs not xbmc ) i came back to pcs with vista 32 home edition!
I've spent hundreds so far trying to get this program to play right ( i know it'll prob never be perfect ) everything works on it, its just no matter what dvd rip i try to play i just get stuttering picture playback UNWATCHABLE!
I'm not interested in any other video/film file format i just wanna watch my bought original dvds ripped to my hard drive in dvd quality in video_ts folders!
I've tryed changing all types of settings within xbmc and on my graphics card/pc etc and nothing at all works! do i need yet another system? ( this is my third build ) can anybody PLEASE help fix this issue!
cheers dmemphis
heres my build:

XBMC ‘Atlantis’ Beta 2 release!

windows vista home premium 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz
Asus P5E-VM HDMI iG35 Socket 775 Motherboard
4gb ram
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 SATA2 7200RPM 32MB cache internal x 4

all this is connected to my samsung 46" FULL HD LCD by dvi to hdmi
use one of the newer 3rd party svn releases from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452&page=15

the ffmpeg libraries produced sloppy output with some of the compiler settings used for beta2.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
dmemphis Wrote:ok i'm a massive fan of this media program and what it can do! i first discovered it using a mac mini under the name of plex ( which works no problems ) but being a pc windows guy and the fact i wanted to watch blu ray content ( on other programs not xbmc ) i came back to pcs with vista 32 home edition!
I've spent hundreds so far trying to get this program to play right ( i know it'll prob never be perfect ) everything works on it, its just no matter what dvd rip i try to play i just get stuttering picture playback UNWATCHABLE!
I'm not interested in any other video/film file format i just wanna watch my bought original dvds ripped to my hard drive in dvd quality in video_ts folders!
I've tryed changing all types of settings within xbmc and on my graphics card/pc etc and nothing at all works! do i need yet another system? ( this is my third build ) can anybody PLEASE help fix this issue!
cheers dmemphis
heres my build:

4gb ram

all this is connected to my samsung 46" FULL HD LCD by dvi to hdmi

Your hardware looks like it should be sufficient. I assume you have Vista SP1 installed?
rernst Wrote:Your hardware looks like it should be sufficient. I assume you have Vista SP1 installed?

Thanks for replys

forgot to mention as part of my pc build i'm also using a

nvidia 9500gt graphics card so my build is this and

4gb ram

also just to be sure these svn 3rd party programs do i just download and install as a new xbmc program or do i download and add folder some where to my existing xbmc program!

thanks for all the help guys!

dmemphis

also which 3rd party svn build would be best for vista 32 home premium and yes it is service pack 1.
I also agree that that hardware setup should suffice.. even WITH the on-board graphics chip.
Are you playing your DVD dumps straight from your pc's hard drive or are you streaming them?(wireless or hard-wired?). Also, try another player like VLC Media Player as a test to see if it is actually XBMC or if it is your PC setup and go from there.
dmemphis Wrote:....... i'm also using a nvidia 9500gt graphics card .......
Don't forget to use the latest drivers from Nvidia.com

dmemphis Wrote:..... also just to be sure these svn 3rd party programs do i just download and install as a new xbmc program or do i download and add folder some where to my existing xbmc program!. ......
Uninstall the old and then install the new.

If you do decide to stick with XBMC, the following link is a build compliments of a user called "ikons". Grab the latest build in a directory called "main 'trunk' with 'backdrop workaround". Get it here: "External Link"
Good Luck!!!
BIOYAM Wrote:I also agree that that hardware setup should suffice.. even WITH the on-board graphics chip.
Are you playing your DVD dumps straight from your pc's hard drive or are you streaming them?(wireless or hard-wired?). Also, try another player like VLC Media Player as a test to see if it is actually XBMC or if it is your PC setup and go from there.

Don't forget to use the latest drivers from Nvidia.com

Uninstall the old and then install the new.

If you do decide to stick with XBMC, the following link is a build compliments of a user called "ikons". Grab the latest build in a directory called "main 'trunk' with 'backdrop workaround". Get it here: "External Link"
Good Luck!!!

Hi yes it works fine on every other dvd program except xbmc and yes playing straight from internal hard drive not streaming at all!
cheers.....
dmemphis
Hi guys
updated the nvidia drivers ok, totally wiped xbmc of pc and down loaded ( 1 at a time ) the latest 2 svn 3rd party builds and nothing has changed! i still get choppy motion picture!
But everything is as smooth as butter on VLC, POWERDVD 8 ULTRA etc etc,,,,,,,,,even blu ray iso rips to hard drive!
There MUST be a way to make this program work? its to good to ditch it!

anymore suggestions anyone? PLEASE.......

thanks dmemphis
Have you by chance set your de-interlace options?

Start the DVD, press enter and select the video menu item.

There should be an option called deinterlace. It is probably set to auto, try all the different options. I had horrible playback until I set this to disable or none...

Also check through the video options in the main settings area and select the vsync option, it should be ON. You may also want to enable vsync from within the Nvidia drivers...
Sorry I wanted to start a new thread...
Sad 
Hi everyone
thanks for suggestions so far BUT nothing is working still got crap stuttering motion picture playback!
looks like i might have to ditch this program after all! MEGA SHAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers dmemphis,uk.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Somebody HELP please!0