• 24(current)
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players)
RandomXBMCUser Wrote:I have a problem,

XBMC will launch the external player by default when viewing avi files, but I have to manually pick the external player every time I launch a DVD, or else it will use the internal player by default. Is there a way to set it to always go external?

Any help? Is this not possible?
skillshot Wrote:Hi,

as i mentioned above, i have it working. Replace the line

POINT m_ptCursorpos;

with

#if defined(_WIN32PC)
POINT m_ptCursorpos;
#endif

and it will compile fine. Still got digital sound and fullscreen-problem, but i can successfully launch vlc, mplayer or whatever i want from xbmc on ubuntu.

HtH, Skillshot

I'll include this patch when I update it again to be in sync with the latest SVN, then konfoo needs to have a look at it because it might be included in the main SVN branch Smile
as jmarshall has stated on the trac, fix the remaining issues and it will
spiff Wrote:as jmarshall has stated on the trac, fix the remaining issues and it will
@everyone, here is the link again for reference => http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5300
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'll have a go at fixing, if konfoo doesn't beat me to it....
We just added twins to our family so my hands are 'full' right now Wink
konfoo Wrote:We just added twins to our family so my hands are 'full' right now Wink
Congratulations!!!
Jester, do you think you could activate the "watched" flag once a file has been fed to the external player?

Edit: "No end-user support and no feature/function requests here please!"
Sorry konfoo and Jester, didn't fully realize we were on a different section of the forums now... Could we maybe create a support thread in the Windows area?
konfoo Wrote:We just added twins to our family so my hands are 'full' right now Wink

extra hands never hurt Tongue

Congrats !!!
my main goal for tonight is to update the patch to work again with the main SVN, then dust off my coding skillz (been 15 years....) and see if I can change the patch to the dev's requirements and hopefully get it in the main SVN, other requests have to come later ....
patch updated to SVN 16962

edit:
however, i'm getting compile errors now...debuggin
A clean version of the patch is up as well now, and I'll commit this version to SVN as soon as it's been verified that an OS X build works (the files needing adding to the project basically).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:A clean version of the patch is up as well now, and I'll commit this version to SVN as soon as it's been verified that an OS X build works (the files needing adding to the project basically).

The patch fails at 2 hunks: (build 16977)

patching file project/VS2003/XBMC_PC.vcproj
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1425.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file project/VS2003/XBMC_PC.vcproj.rej
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file project/VS2008Express/XBMC.vcproj
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1992.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file project/VS2008Express/XBMC.vcproj.rej

I applied the missing lines manually, which seems to lead into a doubling in externalplayer.h

After fixing that, compiling works, but while linking, I receive the following error:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
"CExternalPlayer::CExternalPlayer(IPlayerCallback&)", referenced from:
CPlayerCoreFactory::CreatePlayer(EPLAYERCORES, IPlayerCallback&) in PlayerCoreFactory.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

If someone could help me with that....

Thanks,

TvT
cleaned up the cleanup Wink (double file entries)

pitty I don't have a mac lying around, I don't understand the input error, the declaration syntax should be the same on win32 or OSX...
@Jester

The Problems with compiling took place with the old patch revision.
With the new one I only get one error left (see my edited Post above)

tvont Wrote:The patch fails at 2 hunks: (build 16977)

patching file project/VS2003/XBMC_PC.vcproj
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1425.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file project/VS2003/XBMC_PC.vcproj.rej
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file project/VS2008Express/XBMC.vcproj
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1992.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file project/VS2008Express/XBMC.vcproj.rej

I applied the missing lines manually, which seems to lead into a doubling in externalplayer.h

After fixing that, compiling works, but while linking, I receive the following error:

"CExternalPlayer::CExternalPlayer(IPlayerCallback&)", referenced from:
CPlayerCoreFactory::CreatePlayer(EPLAYERCORES, IPlayerCallback&) in PlayerCoreFactory.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

Thanks,

TvT
anyone know how to setup externalplayer with mpc-hc? i tried last night with build "-Rev16962-jester-externalplayer" but could only get mpc to start in the background
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players)3