• 25(current)
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players)
wayland Wrote:anyone know how to setup externalplayer with mpc-hc? i tried last night with build "-Rev16962-jester-externalplayer" but could only get mpc to start in the background

If available in mpc, try using opengl for videooutput
Does anyone have a win32 link for the LaunchPlayer build, plugin or patch?
I did a search in this discussion but could not find anything but a C++ source.

Thanks for the help... Smile

XBMC 11: EDEN | XBMC | HDDVD+Blu-Ray ISO playback & Blu-ray player
PC - HTPC CASE: APEX DM-318 Black Steel MB: ASUS M3N78-EM/NVIDA8300 | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ RAM: 2gb DDR2 1066
HD: 70gb(System) DVDROM: LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray/HDDVD OS: Win7 | NAS: 3-terabytes(RAID 5)
there doesnt seem to be a obvious option to use opengl, if you have never used it you can see the output optionshere. also these are the switches, i tried the obvious ones like /fullscreen and using a .bat file like someone reccomended a few pages back but nothing seemed to work
And of course as soon as I post it I find Jester's build.

http://ocs.nl/xbmc/

Tongue

XBMC 11: EDEN | XBMC | HDDVD+Blu-Ray ISO playback & Blu-ray player
PC - HTPC CASE: APEX DM-318 Black Steel MB: ASUS M3N78-EM/NVIDA8300 | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ RAM: 2gb DDR2 1066
HD: 70gb(System) DVDROM: LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray/HDDVD OS: Win7 | NAS: 3-terabytes(RAID 5)
wayland Wrote:anyone know how to setup externalplayer with mpc-hc? i tried last night with build "-Rev16962-jester-externalplayer" but could only get mpc to start in the background
Something broke between this build and the previous one. I have the same problem with Zoom Player, that it worked flawlessly before.
My advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
  <filename>C:\Program Files\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe</filename>
  <args>/F /Q /PLAY</args>
  <forceontop>false</forceontop>
  <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
  <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>
wayland Wrote:there doesnt seem to be a obvious option to use opengl, if you have never used it you can see the output optionshere. also these are the switches, i tried the obvious ones like /fullscreen and using a .bat file like someone reccomended a few pages back but nothing seemed to work

Does it work while XBMC is in windowed mode?
the patch has made it in the main SVN, so all SVN build from 16984 will have the externalplayer with it Smile
Jester Wrote:the patch has made it in the main SVN, so all SVN build from 16984 will have the externalplayer with it Smile
Hi Jester. I noticed that, and it's great, but basic functionality is broken now Sad Sad

Could it maybe be that someone took my suggestion and forceontop has to be set to true?
Compiled on OSX.

1 error in externalplayer.cpp, 209:

g_RemoteControl.Disconnect();

has to be changed in:

#ifdef HAS_LIRC
g_RemoteControl.Disconnect();
#endif

then it builds.
fixed in svn, thx tvont
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Please keep the user support topics in the Windows user forum.
This is for developers talk only.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Windows thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=267496
Builds fine now on OSX (used current Xcode project file)

BUT: I have a fast running XBMC window w/o skin now (means open, empty window, but reacts upon "close" etc. No Content)

I built skins, TEX, after all built successfully, I built XBMC.app (which is ~102MB)

Could anyone help with that, please?
WiSo Wrote:Please keep the user support topics in the Windows user forum.
This is for developers talk only.
Not to be a smartass or anything, but I reported the patch being broken before it got committed to SVN, that's why I was commenting here.
some fixes and improvements are done on the windows support thread, i've put the changes in a new trac ticket with the diff and they seem to work fine, could this be put in the main SVN ?

thanks

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5656
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players)3