Scan custom music album info into db?
Hi,

Is there any way to scan custom music album info into the db for certain albums. Specifically the review field. Advancedsettings.XML or nfo file perhaps?

Cheers
Phil
An nfo file I think is doable, yeah via 'album.nfo', in the album path. A similar thing for artist.nfo as well. Export your db to xml to see the format.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:An nfo file I think is doable, yeah via 'album.nfo', in the album path. A similar thing for artist.nfo as well. Export your db to xml to see the format.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Hey jm, a slightly related/unrelated topic, I saw that there was a fix in the trac for only exporting one album http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/15552

Currently trialling Windows rev16136 (doh! before I get jumped on for this in a Linux forum - problem seems to be cross platform tried with my Linux box older svn and my Xbox beta2 b4 posting) and all album are extracted to musicdb.xml file, however I noticed that the musicdb.xml file only seems to have extracted one artist?

I've tried this 3 or 4 times now with different artists. The problems seems to be replicatable by just using two artists, the first will extract the second will not (in alphabetical order).

anyone else able to confirm?
Add a trac ticket about it so we don't forget please.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Add a trac ticket about it so we don't forget please.

Sure thing
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5318

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan custom music album info into db?0