MediaStream v0.97 Released (10/11/2008)
brutus01 Wrote:Hi,

shouldn`t there be a darker area for better visibility of the watched/unwathed icon?

Which view are you using? (and with what theme and screen size?)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Which view are you using? (and with what theme and screen size?)

I use the default theme and 720p as screen size.
List View and Info List View.

It appears only in the TV section and in there only if viewing seasons (episode view and others look fine)
Don't know if this is already there, but don't think so.

Think you could add a option to NOT fade thumbs/fanart/show info when you change list item entry? I hate the flickering of my screen when it goes dark light all the time.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:Don't know if this is already there, but don't think so.

Think you could add a option to NOT fade thumbs/fanart/show info when you change list item entry? I hate the flickering of my screen when it goes dark light all the time.

I'll look into it but from memory it was put in there to stop jerky/slow navigation (not for aesthetic reasons).
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Can anyone running on a platform other than Xbox confirm whether the lyrics button works for them or not?

The lyrics seem to work fine by default running Ubuntu.
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
On my 4:3 display running 480p when I'm viewing my tv show library any shows that have more than 99 episodes, since there are now 3 digits it causes the number of episodes to have to scroll. Could the episode window be widened a little to prevent this?
yellowman Wrote:The lyrics seem to work fine by default running Ubuntu.

Excellent, thanks

gabbott Wrote:On my 4:3 display running 480p when I'm viewing my tv show library any shows that have more than 99 episodes, since there are now 3 digits it causes the number of episodes to have to scroll. Could the episode window be widened a little to prevent this?

Any chance of a screenshot that shows the problem? Thanks
First up great skin it looks awesome on my 4:3 tv so i could only imagine how nice it would be in widescreen. but anyways heres a few things ive noticed

In visualisation when i first click on settings it comes up but there are no options to chose

then if i go back and click on it again options come up but they arent aligned properly

then when i go back and click on it again all is good

In visualisation mode when i go to change presets the current visualistion and change presets dont seem to be spaced correctly

On the main screen while the song info is in view the distance between the song and track time seems to be a bit close.

also it would be nice if the the text could scroll if it doesnt fit, in both cases above(this isnt the best example tho) and below

In the pic below the distance between episodes and coverflow is too close, maybe you could just have "Season Thumb" which could be checked or unchecked to save a little room and there is all that room at the bottom that isnt being used when the thumbnails turned off

and the text is overlapping here

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i74/eg...hot035.jpg

A HUGE thanks for all the time thats put into this skin it really is awesome

btw im using 4:3, lite, arial bigger and v0.97
i might be wrong but have recalibrated your screen ... i had that prob and did the calibration again and all was good
eggmitty Wrote:In visualisation when i first click on settings it comes up but there are no options to chose

then if i go back and click on it again options come up but they arent aligned properly

then when i go back and click on it again all is good
Not sure about this as my gut feeling is that it's an XBMC bug (since the correct UI is eventually shown) as going back to it 3 times and then it works doesn't seem like it could be the skin. Will have to look into it in more detail when I get a chance.

eggmitty Wrote:In visualisation mode when i go to change presets the current visualistion and change presets dont seem to be spaced correctly

Should be fixed for the next release

eggmitty Wrote:On the main screen while the song info is in view the distance between the song and track time seems to be a bit close.

Again, will be fixed in next release

eggmitty Wrote:also it would be nice if the the text could scroll if it doesnt fit, in both cases above(this isnt the best example tho) and below

I'm against scrolling all over the place as movement attracts the eye so it should only be used when really necessary. For the albums view, you already have the artist and title showing on the left hand side of the view so there's no real need for it to scroll?

eggmitty Wrote:In the pic below the distance between episodes and coverflow is too close, maybe you could just have "Season Thumb" which could be checked or unchecked to save a little room and there is all that room at the bottom that isnt being used when the thumbnails turned off

and the text is overlapping here

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i74/eg...hot035.jpg
btw im using 4:3, lite, arial bigger and v0.97
These are issues caused by the font you are using (in fact pretty much all the issues you have raised are caused by the font) and unfortunately the skin can't determine which font is currently in use so can't create extra space when needed. Once this feature does appear in XBMC then we'll be able to space this out a bit better for all fonts. (At the moment things are placed to be optimal for as many of the fonts as possible since if they are placed for the biggest font then the users using the smallest fonts would see big gaps)
Could the overlay be dropped in coverflow view for episodes?
Hitcher Wrote:Could the overlay be dropped in coverflow view for episodes?

A cursory look at the skin files says kinda... basically the big backdrop is used in MANY diff views and you would need to remove the reference to it from the includes.xml and place it within each view so that it then maybe sized independently. Next you need to find the left and right fade images and modify the <height> and <posy> values to make it fit.
blahblah2006 Wrote:Same here. I had to go back to .95 (I think) so I could play .rar sets.

AM and PM also aren't showing up on the clock. Odd.

I've rolled back to .94 and the issues I've mentioned with the newest build have disappeared.
Transmission3k Wrote:AM and PM also aren't showing up on the clock. Odd.
Not odd, we disabled it in v0.96 or v0.95 (we posted it as one of the changes) as there were issues when showing single digit hours. An option has been added for the next version which allows you to re-display it if you want.

Transmission3k Wrote:I've rolled back to .94 and the issues I've mentioned with the newest build have disappeared.
I'm pretty sure you're issues are memory related. Have you tried disabling fanart, hiding thumbs in the Option Menu and changing to the Alt Default font (or Alt Bigger if you prefer) as all of these will reduce memory usage and will hopefully allow you to play media as you wish.
Exclamation 
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I'm pretty sure you're issues are memory related. Have you tried disabling fanart, hiding thumbs in the Option Menu and changing to the Alt Default font (or Alt Bigger if you prefer) as all of these will reduce memory usage and will hopefully allow you to play media as you wish.

I dont know about you guys but im still using 0.94 as it works fine with fanart and thumbs etc for me on my xbox.

95 and 96 were a no hoper for me. Im still to try .97.

But as stated earlier, the reason im using this skin is coz of the cool fanart\thumb\movie info integration. If I have to remove fanart etc, well im not too sure I would keep using this skin Sad which is unfortunate, coz i think its the best with how it shows fanart\thumbs etc.

Is it possible teamrazor that you guys optimize a version for the xbox ? This would rock, as i think the majority of XBMC users in general use the xbox platform.
Got a Logitech Harmony ONE ? Click here for my XBMC Customization HOW TO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.97 Released (10/11/2008)3