Horizons on Plex - Hiding Parent Folder items
Yes, I understand this is the XBMC forums, but since Horizons is also usable (and in my case and that of many others, preferred) on Plex I thought I'd ask the question anyway, which is:"

Plex's most recent build (.22) fixes the previously buggy "Hide Parent Folder Items" option, which gets rid of superfluous backward navigation when getting from a Movies or TV Shows (etc.) library section back to the main menu.

Unfortunately for some reason, while the option can be toggled in Horizons, it still makes no difference - parent folder navigation is still there, requiring three distinct steps to get back to the main menu.

Is there an easy way to fix this?

Thanks...
Said feature was developed by me a couple of months ago. It's got nothing to do with "Hide parent folder items". All it does is alters the "root" of the video library window to be the path that the skinner calls it with. It thus requires the skinner to explicitly enable it if they wish.

xb2iris: Add 'return' as a parameter to the activatewindow call.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This response leaves me baffled and somewhat uncomfortable.
jmarshall Wrote:Said feature was developed by me a couple of months ago. It's got nothing to do with "Hide parent folder items". All it does is alters the "root" of the video library window to be the path that the skinner calls it with. It thus requires the skinner to explicitly enable it if they wish.

xb2iris: Add 'return' as a parameter to the activatewindow call.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Translation: This can be fixed by people who know a lot more than you or I Doraemonn Wink

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
he means its because the skin needs to add a extra option to the open window command so it returns properly (as media stream have done)
And he also means he programmed it into XBMC and plex took the feature and added it to their code later.
And he also means the setting you are changing is not what you think it is and is totally unrelated.

So in the end its just the skin needs changeing nothing else
Interesting.... seems people are lighting some fires in here... or poking expressive content subconsciously... thats fun... okay... so, someone explain the whole return on the activatewindow idea... actually i'll just check the mediastream code out Wink
Any progress on getting a quick fix for this before IV comes out?
nope... no idea how to do it yet... hehehe... kinda pointless not having a pc... maybe someone can point me out in the right direction?
xb2iris Wrote:nope... no idea how to do it yet... hehehe... kinda pointless not having a pc... maybe someone can point me out in the right direction?

here it is ,return does the job.
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>
oh, okay, that simple hey, sure... i'll sort that out for volume iv when i get the chance... still suffering the wrath of no computer, or this thing would have been out ages ago already!
where can i make this change? Home.xml is significantly smaller than in MediaStream...

UPDATE: screw it, found the relevant lines in Homescrollers.xml. Thanks!!
there u go... good on u for sorting it out yourself... thats what i call self service... hehehe
Doraemonn Wrote:where can i make this change? Home.xml is significantly smaller than in MediaStream...

UPDATE: screw it, found the relevant lines in Homescrollers.xml. Thanks!!

Could you point me in the right direction on what lines to edit in the xml? or has this been updated in the latest build?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizons on Plex - Hiding Parent Folder items1