How to alter grey layer?
yep, those screens show pretty much exactly what i was looking for

i used xprexpress when i tried to alter the files myself. if i recall correctly, i had "normal/standard" compression turned on in the options.

what programm and with what kind of settings should i use to extract/compress textures? that way i could do little things like this in the future and for other skins by myself....
urizen Wrote:yep, those screens show pretty much exactly what i was looking for

i used xprexpress when i tried to alter the files myself. if i recall correctly, i had "normal/standard" compression turned on in the options.

what programm and with what kind of settings should i use to extract/compress textures? that way i could do little things like this in the future and for other skins by myself....
The only program i know of that extracts .xpr files is xprexpress but there may be others?
But for speed of testing i use XBMCTex but it does lock the file.
Once i am happy with the files i then use xprexpress and use quality settings as it uses less compression. i will upload what i have done so far later tonight for you if you have any other ideas let me know. ps i have replaced wallmenu2.png to look more like the time panel.
As promised here is the link to download the textures that i have modified http://www.mediafire.com/?rmhwnnml39d
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Paul, thanks for taking the time to do this. However, I do have a question regarding your textures. They're pretty much all smaller in size and in resolution. I'm guessing the pack you were messing with was an Xbox Lite version with the smaller-sized textures, right?

Is there a way to accomplish the same thing with the files being of the same quality/resolution as the original pack? Only asking because I'd definitely notice on my 60" 1080P TV.
StratMangler Wrote:Paul, thanks for taking the time to do this. However, I do have a question regarding your textures. They're pretty much all smaller in size and in resolution. I'm guessing the pack you were messing with was an Xbox Lite version with the smaller-sized textures, right?

Is there a way to accomplish the same thing with the files being of the same quality/resolution as the original pack? Only asking because I'd definitely notice on my 60" 1080P TV.
Sorry nothing i can do about that the only way to make the graphics look clean on such a display would be to use the original textures and that would most definately give you issues with memory on xbox running 1080p it just aint got enough power or memory for that in my oppinion
Forgot to add I use a Windows PC. No worries, following the details of this thread, I made the alterations myself. It was a learning experience, but now everything looks much better, thanks! Smile
StratMangler Wrote:Forgot to add I use a Windows PC. No worries, following the details of this thread, I made the alterations myself. It was a learning experience, but now everything looks much better, thanks! Smile
no worries mateSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to alter grey layer?0