DVD Drive won't eject
Question 
I'm curious to know if anyone is having the same problem. I put in a DVD and when I press eject from the default skin it won't eject. I have to go out to console, and
Code:
sudo eject -r
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Yes I have the same problem, running Live Beta2.

Seems that it won´t play the dvd´s aswell, the dvd get mounted but when I press OK on the mce remote nothing happens.

Any suggestions? Will upgarde to the Atlantis release tomorrow and see if that helps, today I´m running Beta2 on hdd.
Well with the upgrade it worked for me.
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
The DVD's plays nice now after upgrade to Atlantis, but the drive still won´t eject the disc.
Edit: Running Live on HDD.
windows on DELL notebook 1500n same ....

Can't eject out DVDRW driver...
Just a sidenote, not enough to just apt-get upgrade for this fix.
You need to redo the stick from scratch.

If that doesnt help then we would need some logs.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Fresh install from the Live CD, will work on the log as soon as I can. Smile

Ok, here is my log.
Started debug, restart system, load dvd, stop movie and tried to eject.

http://pastebin.ca/1258167
Have looked into it more and since I´m a *nix newbie it seems that xbmc "mounts" the dvd drive but it does not release it, is there some way to just make a script that unmounts the dvd after playback since it is easier to just eject and reload the dvd then restart computer.
gurkburk Wrote:Have looked into it more and since I´m a *nix newbie it seems that xbmc "mounts" the dvd drive but it does not release it, is there some way to just make a script that unmounts the dvd after playback since it is easier to just eject and reload the dvd then restart computer.

darnit yeah that might interfere. the mounting was a last minute addition to get UDF and DVD working but be able to eject it should have been good :S

But the fix for these are rather big and I wonder if we can do them as simply a bugfix but Ill certainly look into it.

Cheers,
Tobias

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks for that Topfs2 Smile

A quick question, is it easy to add a bashscript into the script meny in xbmc?
Was thinking of something like "unmount /dev/cdrom" as a temporarily solution that I just can run instead of reboot.
Yeah sure, there is a system.exec(Your neat command) that you can do in both skins and in keymap.xml

Cheers,
Tobias

Is there an "official" recommended fix for this issue?

I've edited sysctl.conf as follows:

dev.cdrom.lock=0

It seems to work with limited testing (except for the warning that pops up when you eject the disk).
Thanks for that _Iz- , haven't looked into this so much (CTRL+ALT+backspace also works if you are fast on the eject button) Big Grin
No keyboard, dedicated media box with remote only... also, I buillt this thing for my dad to watch movies on, I need it to be as idiot proof as possible... Oo

but thanks for the reply. Big Grin
_Iz- Wrote:Is there an "official" recommended fix for this issue?

I've edited sysctl.conf as follows:

dev.cdrom.lock=0

It seems to work with limited testing (except for the warning that pops up when you eject the disk).

Unfortunately no. I'm locking into it but my schedule is quite filled up with moving and with exams Smile

The reason is that we mount DVDs to be able to play UDF, the fix is not a simple bug fix and its more probable that we will yank and remove the UDF support in atlantis instead so eject works

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Drive won't eject0