which iphone xbmc remote is better?
as stated in title...this one

http://remote.collect3.com.au/
the xbmc remote

OR

http://www.peterdamen.com/iphone/
the xmote

Does the xbmc remote show photos, like it shows in the screenshot for the xmote? any known bugs with either?
I use XbMC remote, the first link you provided, got it for 99 cents on the app store. and I love it, it works very well, and have had only 1 problem, my movie thumbs don't show in the main list, but if i start playing the movie then they show up on the screen... I see theres a new version uploaded, when i get home I'll check again.
thanks, will it show your photos on your phone also?
Ill have to check, I believe it may, but i don't have any photos currently shared to the XBMC....I'll add some tonight when iget home and let you know.

edit : I think it only does movies tvshows and music, judging by the screenshots on the authors page. But I already have all my photos on my touch anyway Wink
Xmote is not very useful. No selection of TV Shows etc, it literally is just a remote.

XBMC Remote allows you to select music, tv shows, movies, etc with poster art.

Neither are great but XBMC Remote is the better option.
thanks, looks llike ill check out xbmc remote
Supposingly XBMC remote has a update pending Apple's approval that fixes a bunch of stuff and makes everything all around smoother, we shall see...
Update to the iphone remote is out ... very cool update!!!!!
nuzecast Wrote:Update to the iphone remote is out ... very cool update!!!!!

Agreed, very nice update! love the gestures and It now supports photos, for the guy who was asking earlier!
Thanks for this great app. One quick question: I have a mac mini and a ATV both with XBMC installed. Can I use this remote for both devices?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for this great app. One quick question: I have a mac mini and a ATV both with XBMC installed. Can I use this remote for both devices?

Yes, you can specify multiple XBMC's in the config and switch between them
hmm

I still can't get movie thumbs to show on the app. I have my directory set (on vista) to c:\users\Evan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

and it still won't load them. If i play a movie, then the thumb loads for the "now playing" section, but not in the list. TV thumbs show up just fine, so I'm wondering if it's not something else? I've done a clean re-install of XBMC 8.10, just realeased. Anyone have any ideas?

Not a huge deal to me, but still would like it to work 100%. Great APP!
I cant get the movie thumbs to work on my computer either and i'm using the same as the guy above me vista.... 64bit but i dont think it matters and the new version of the xbmc remote app, i have over 250 movies though but my tv shows are fine.... Sad when i click the movie list i dont get images or movie names :/ does anyone else at least get names?
DToX Wrote:I cant get the movie thumbs to work on my computer either and i'm using the same as the guy above me vista.... 64bit but i dont think it matters and the new version of the xbmc remote app, i have over 250 movies though but my tv shows are fine.... Sad when i click the movie list i dont get images or movie names :/ does anyone else at least get names?

I am running vista x64, I get the movie names, genre's, and a few other details, but thats it, just no pictures. TV shows work fine, as does the rest of the remote, just no movie thumbs in the list. If i start a movie, the thumb shows then, but not in list mode.

I know its not my path, at least I think so, because the tv shows pull images fine. If I remove the path, then the tv shows dissapear too.

If it matters AT ALL, I have XBMC installed to E:\Program Files(x86)\XBMC
I downloaded it and it works pretty good, just a few lock ups every now and then, but nothing major. Im using xp sp3, and it shows all my cover art that i have scanned into the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
which iphone xbmc remote is better?0