Help needed: Trying to make OggTag.cpp work with virtual file system
Basically, I want XBMC to output information relating to the song I am playing over an FTP connection. The problem is that in OggTag.cpp, in the OggTag::Read function, there is a line:
FILE* file=dll_fopen (strFile.c_str(), "r");

Unfortunately, dll_fopen is equal to fopen, as cores/DllLoader/dll_tracker_file.cpp tells it to be. I want to use the dll_fopen in cores/DllLoader/exports/emu_msvcrt.cpp (I think), which appears to be wrapped around the virtual file system.

Is this the recommended solution? If so, does anyone know what to change to make this so?

Thanks in advance.
Only on non-win32 systems does it use fopen(), and on such systems the xbmc executable is being wrapped I believe?

What system are you doing this on?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

That would explain it, as I'm on Linux. As there's already code specific to OSX and Linux in there (see the #ifdef's), it seems doable to port it. If I succeeded, would the XBMC team accept it into their code?
I'm not sure it's needed, but sure, feel free to give it a go. Assuming it's using the wrong fopen, all you'll need to do is remove the ifdef at the top of OggTag.cpp.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It worked! dll_fopen is now called, but it's still not collecting music info. I'll submit a patch when I get it all working.

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed: Trying to make OggTag.cpp work with virtual file system2