Hardware advice
First, is there a hardware subforum for asking these questions that I couldn't find?

If not,

I want to upgrade out of the ole xbox1 ~720p restraints and utilize xbmc for my new 1080p set. I am not looking for storage/DVR capabilities, I just simply want a passthrough device that connects to my server and is able to play whatever I throw at it through HDMI 1.3a (sound). I'm thinking this can be done for >$300 but I am so far at a loss for configuring one. What are the recommended specs/supplies for the cpu, RAM, remote, mobo, and psu?

Thanks in advance and please feel free to send me your specs and what works/doesn't for you!

EDIT: After some searching I see that HDMI 1.3a is a difficult task, s/pdif digital optical would work due to limitations
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34235

as for hdmi with audio, wouldn't keep your hopes up, heard there is some cards that support it, but good luck with that.

As for streaming, you must have atleast a 100mbit wired network, if trying to stream full bluray or alike, you will want gigabit (not needed, but 40gb or so movies will easily saturate 100base in places)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware advice0