calling a second list from a list item
I want to make sure if I am not overlooking a possible solution for a menu system I would like to use. I have tried all I can think of.

I have a horizontally orientated wraplist. Right now I have made it so that whenever I click an item in the wraplist a second wraplist appears (taking the place of the parent menu using "allowhiddenfocus".

However, I want to replace the OnClick action of the originating item in the parent wraplist to lead to a certain screen, and I would like to have the possibility to use an "up" action to call the submenu.
I have not succeeded in finding a solution for this, and I fear it is not possible. If I would be using a vertically orientated wraplist I could have used "Container(id).OnNext/OnPrevious" but I really want to keep the list horizontal.
I know I can use an <onup>id</onup> on the wraplist to call a second wraplist, but which wraplist should appear is based on which item in the parent menu is currently focused.
So anyway, maybe I'm just totally overlooking something. In which case, do tell Big Grin
If it's not possible, any chance of looking into a (post atlantis of course) solution for this? Maybe by providing an <onup>/<ondown> for individial items in lists?

TIA
Jeroen
Isn't this what mediastream does - different submenus based off where the current item is?

eg you can move to a new group which holds all the submenus, whose visibility is dependent on which item in the original list has focus?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yes, but in Mediastream the second list is called by pressing right on the d-pad. I would basically like to do something similar but since my menu has a horizontal orientation, it would have to be by pressing up (or down for that matter).
I can get the second list to appear based on which item in the parent list has focus, but in that case the second list will always appear when focused on an item in the parent list. I want to display only one menu at a time, with the user performing a keystroke to call the second list.
I hope my explanation makes sense Smile

edit: wait, I think what you said is sinking in Laugh I think I got it Rofl
Damn, why does the solution have to feel so obvious right now? Blush Laugh
Thanks a bunch Jonathan, menu is working perfectly now Cool
i have the same question, but i want,for when the user press <onup>/<ondown> keep the rute, for example, exploring the music folders, press in one artist, but, when i press in one album, i want to see a popup dialog with the songs of that album, is this possible?, i dont know if i express fine, please helpme

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
calling a second list from a list item0