Atlantis Final Release by T3CH?
It seems like T3CH released the final XBMC Atlantis version today...
How is that possible without any announchment from Team-XBMC?
I was wondering the same....
The code has been tagged, anyone who want's to build their own final release can (minus a couple small string issues).
Question 
Has anybody tried this out yet on their xbox? I am downloading now and will set it up tonight, but would like some insight from others....

Thanks in advance!!
Hi,

In info System on Xbox, I see Beta3 Smile

Xbox Debug Kit + 2 Xbox Crystal / 2 ATV with Crystal HD => Many thanks to Davilla
Seems to work for me. The jittering textscroller on PAL is gone and that's actually the last thing that was bugging me.

Only my right thumbstick still enables me to seek in a song, even though I have that mapped to the left stick in keymap.xml.. Hmm..

Still.... STABLE POINT RELEASE, W00T!!!! Laugh

[Edit: yes indeed, it does say Beta 3, so maybe not really a point release]
So what does this mean?

Will this be like the original 2.0.1 release and stay as is for a while or are there still more refined releases ahead?

Does this also mean new features can now be added again?

Hey JM, are you still stepping back from merging back to xbox? Has anyone else picked up the reigns, or it that it? Would've loved to see the "Last Played field AND label" done for the xbox - only thinking of myself and the last thing I'd like to see Laugh Regardless, life goes on. Nod
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
shaitanfree Wrote:In info System on Xbox, I see Beta3 Smile

And you've found one of the "string issues" I mentioned above, it's just an oversight. Others are the wrong encoding being set in language/German/strings.xml.
Thats great news! That means no more feature freeze!
might mean a lot more than that for xbox users
Jezz_X, please please please tell us you mean there are some cool new features planned for xbox as a platform, and not that merging of new code for xbox will no longer be done... No
I hear that ads_german!!!!

Uh oh! Say it aint so!!!
It should be a logical decision to drop the Xbox version.
The Xbox limitates the possibility's of XBMC at all platforms right now.
Well no it doesn't.......

The code is full of "if windows", "if linux", "if apple".... why not "if xbox"?
Look.....Despite what the entire world would want.....XBMC will move past the xbox. No matter what the people on here ask for. It has already been said that if someone wants to take up the task of coding it for xbox, do it.....but Team XBMC is not going to keep maintaining XBMC for xbox. I run XBMC on a Xbox.....and would LOVE to see that continue, but I have came to grips with the obvious and have started swindling money from family, friends and anyone who will pony up cash so I can buy a PC (or Mac) to run XBMC.

I think the days of XBMC on Xbox are KA-PUT......only because of the demand for Hi-Def media. If it were not for the desire to play the "best of the best", XBMC would still be a mainstay on the system it was designed for, not for the few it has been ported to.

I hate to think that like 80% of the people who use XBMC ( Xbox Users like myself) will not be able to enjoy XBMC's future UNLESS they can afford to buy a new PC with all the bells and whistles. And to think, Xbox Media Center was started so that people who wanted a cheaper way to have a quality media center could. Guess those days have past.

PONY UP THE CASH!!!!......Run XBMC on your new 1300 dollar PC.......if you have that much just laying around.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atlantis Final Release by T3CH?0