Atlantis Final Release by T3CH?
I've been using xbmc on xbox for years now. And in regret i am saying my old xbox goodbye these days in favor a htpc. But I think it's the right thing to do for the xbmc team. Okay, maybe the real low-cost media-center (allthough xbox was not that cheap in the beginning...) idea has a little bit gone, but i think you can buy a great 1080p capable pc with digital audio for around 400 euro (w/o storage system), which ain't that expensive as noted above (1300 $), and that price will decrease in the future.
And second xbmc is quite complete for xbox and if you still want to use it on xbox you have a great final release (Atlantis) which is pushing the old xbox to its limits and maybe over it... (imagine what you can do now with your xbox). So it is time to move on to the next platform...
So in my opinion, there's no need for complaining that xbmc-team wont support the xbox anymore in the future, except for that bit of xbox nostalgia...
Seeing as how 1 euro is equal to like half a US dollar....400 euro would be like 800 US Dollars. Plus an extra 400 for massive storage (1 to 2 Tb)....1300 sounds about right, after sales tax. I'm glad peeps on the "other side of the pond" can afford that kinda strap.....but us American's is poor. Barely afford gas (Petrol) these days.

And I'm not bitchin about Team-XBMC moving on.......I personally don't bother with things I can't change......like other's minds. Move on......I'll get the HTPC soon enough.
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:Barely afford gas (Petrol) these days.
Don't you dare complaining about gas prices!
Sometimes it really suck to live in the Netherlands, we pay $9,- a gallon.
And thats cheap when you compare it with 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, you can make it as expensive as you want. You can buy a quad-core ultra-media pc but you can also buy a low-budget computer that gives you a platform similar to the Xbox. Smile
wow, i want you as a bank ... let's make a deal i give 400 euro you give 800 dollar... yes yes i make good profit, your only 300 dollars off then and you can recycle your xbox storage system...

BTW, here we pay >6,46$ a gallon for years and years now, so please do not complain about gas prices

i'm not bitching you FourTwentySmilz, just informing you, let's go for a smoke ...
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:Look.....Despite what the entire world would want.....XBMC will move past the xbox. No matter what the people on here ask for. It has already been said that if someone wants to take up the task of coding it for xbox, do it.....but Team XBMC is not going to keep maintaining XBMC for xbox. I run XBMC on a Xbox.....and would LOVE to see that continue, but I have came to grips with the obvious and have started swindling money from family, friends and anyone who will pony up cash so I can buy a PC (or Mac) to run XBMC.

I think the days of XBMC on Xbox are KA-PUT......only because of the demand for Hi-Def media. If it were not for the desire to play the "best of the best", XBMC would still be a mainstay on the system it was designed for, not for the few it has been ported to.

I hate to think that like 80% of the people who use XBMC ( Xbox Users like myself) will not be able to enjoy XBMC's future UNLESS they can afford to buy a new PC with all the bells and whistles. And to think, Xbox Media Center was started so that people who wanted a cheaper way to have a quality media center could. Guess those days have past.

PONY UP THE CASH!!!!......Run XBMC on your new 1300 dollar PC.......if you have that much just laying around.

Wow, passive-aggressive much? Sheesh...

Look, if Xbox development stops you can still use your xbox for... exactly what you have always used it for. XBMC on xbox will continue to work perfectly fine. You'll just miss out on new features, but to be honest XBMC is already pretty fully featured. Most of the new features I see in the feature request forum are for HD stuff that wouldn't work on the xbox anyway!

And lastly, I built my HTPC for $400 CDN, almost half of which was a fancy HTPC case. $1300 for XBMC is ridiculous, just like the rest of your post.
althekiller Wrote:The code has been tagged, anyone who want's to build their own final release can (minus a couple small string issues).

how about building XBMC Live? I can't seem to find any instructions on that. I've got XBMC linux compiled from src already under Hardy x86.
I loved my XBox, but I got an HDTV and needed to move on.
Now I love my HTPC running XBMC on Vista.
Ok, so I strayed to VMC for like 3 weeks, the I found PlayOn and came back.

My Media Center PC cost me all of $150 for the main body.
780g mobo, AMD 5000+ CPU, 1 gig of ram.
Add $70 for a case, $100 for a huge hdd, and $20 for a DVD Drive

HTPC for around $400 (US) is VERY doable.
It has an HDMI port and can easily play HD Content.

I do miss my XBox, just a little, but when push came to shove, HD won out.
(Currently Playing 720P content) (1080p w/out the GPU will drop frames)
XBMC user since before that Music db hack.
Now with his 2nd DMCA Takedown
Alas yes this is it... Blush unless there is a fatal floor in this build.. thats our lot... or unless someone who knows how to code for it steps up...

Will I still lookforward to a new XBMC build.... probably not half as much as I looked forward to a T3CH build on an Monday evening! Laugh to see what had been squeezed out of the old gal! Big Grin

Really hoped it would do a decade. I'll probably progress to a HTPC at some point... til then.

XBOX/XBMC! 733Mhz and 64MB of PURE GENIUS!
First let me say I am still using the xbox.

You xbox users are being a bunch of whiners. Like others have said $1300 for a mc is stupid. $400 for 2T drives? Try half that.. You may not even have to build a dedicated box. I plan to run a 50ft hdmi cable from my current desktop. If you have an old case laying around, bust out the spray paint make it black and you can have a mc for 150-300 bucks. Not to mention with nvidia adding purevideo tech to the linux driver it will be even cheaper to build a mc pc capable of hd content.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Is there going to be an Atlantis Beta 3 release that can be auto-downloaded onto the Atv ?

Roy.
There's something so simple about using the XBOX with XBMC...it's already hooked up and set up for the TV, and it works wonderfully. It's a true media center. It's not as simple when it comes to PCs, though. Dealing with video outputs, screen resolutions, and for some reason knowing that it's running off a PC to my TV just doesn't sit right with me. The XBOX is meant for the TV. It works great. On a back to back comparison, the XBOX displays XviD videos clearer and smoother on a TV than my quad-core with all the bells and whistles does.

To me, the XBOX is truly the platform for XBMC, and I'm sad to see it going. But regardless, huge congrats to team XBMC, and keep up all the hard, although under appreciated by many, work!
Xbmc on xbox ftw
no more developing on xbox, would not mean the end of the xbox. i will still use mine for the forseeable future.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
w00t! Smile
Thumbs Up 
I too love my xbox!
Even though it has many drwabacks it has one (to me very) important advantage compared to other systems*.

I boots up XBMC fast!
Just turn it on and 18 secs later start enjoying! (And thats using really outdated/ancient technology)

Maybe XBMC-Live can do the trick!

Great work! Still enjoying every build. Thanks!

Bernd

*even though I must admit that I haven't tried ALL others platforms.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atlantis Final Release by T3CH?0