Atlantis Final Release by T3CH?
Thumbs Up 
XBMC on xbox has been awesome for me over the years. I too am looking at the option of upgrading. It just seems logical. The hardware is not powerful enough for the media demands of us tech gurus.

I have loved the idea of XBMC on Mac or PC. I have run Linux before, but want it to be user friendly for the family. Plex definetely has my interest up as well with the upcoming music themes for tv shows and background music during navigation.

My old xbox will still be used in another room, but need to find the best system to use. I am thinking to wait until the next Mac Mini is out hopefully by 09'.

Is there any numbers of downloads of the new versions of Atlantis sorted via OS? What build has the biggest following?

anyways big props to all the developers who are making the media center experience how it should be...

-Achoke
still using xbmc on xbox and waiting til xbmc matures on pc's a bit more so I can find the right setup to build the perfect machine for 1080p..
Like many of you, I'm feeling that the Atlantis release might be a good natural end of development for the Xbox. Of course, I'm know nothing of what the developers have in mind so I wouldn't dream of trying to stop anyone from pushing it further. It seems like yeaaaars ago I got my first hard-modded xbox and thought XBMC was the coolest thing ever. I now KNOW that it is the coolest thing ever and will arm wrestle anyone that wants to argue it.

Having said that, I don't think it disrespectful to the Xbox to leave it behind and move on to the higher-end platforms. Nothing can remove the Xbox version of XBMC from its special place in history and development on high-end features will not make my Xbox any less useful than it is today.

To paraphrase Steve Martin, I'd like to thank each and everyone of you that had something to do with the Xbox XBMC that I love to use and show off. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...."
Atlantis is finally here - great!

just wondering what will be the codename for 9.04? Babylon or my favourite Barb Wire Wink Wink
onesojourner Wrote:You xbox users are being a bunch of whiners. Like others have said $1300 for a mc is stupid. $400 for 2T drives? .

Whos whining? Long term users are obviuosly a little choked to see development stopped but will move on to continue using XBMC and will still be part of the comunity I'm sure...

Many new users first exposure to XBMC in alot of cases will still be the humble Xbox... I will continue to show mine off for sure... just last week a work colleague I told about it... dusted off a untouched for the past 3 years Xbox and is now enjoying a top quility media centre and is litterally blown away by it!... now thats re-cycling at its best! Propa green! Nod

What you seem to forget across the pond that we in UK/Europe still pay in pounds/Euros what you get in dollars so that 1T drive is nearer £100/120€ once VAT and P&P is on .. $200 odd to you... ATV's here for instantce are over £200 (nearer $400).. not like the $170 you can get them for in the states... and we wont go onto Petrol prices eh! Big Grin

But a nice build! currently upgrading all my Xboxes! Wink
I'm sad to hear that XBMC won't be supported for XBox anymore. I just learned of the XBox/XBMC possibility about 6 months ago - bought myself 2 XBoxes, softmodded them and installed XBMC - 1 for the living room and 1 for the office/guest room. It was great to be able to do this for $200 USD (plus the cost of my NAS).

I don't care about HD. I just want to watch movies and listen to music. The quality is good enough for me. But I know that I'm probably in the minority.

On the other hand, like other people said - XBox/XBMC is still a great solution and nothing prevents us from continuing to enjoy it going forward.
I would like a new build with the RTMP fix so that iplayer doesn't freeze the system at the end and am all good.

if this is the end of xbox builds then i would like to say thank you for making this great software and its a pity as the xbox is a great little (big) machine.

Though i would have thought it may be kept going as not every one has the cash at hand to go buy a machine for XBMC i have a gaming PC so plays everything you throw at it but its not as easy to get it on your TV (32inch HD) and playing it on my monitor is crap (19inch) so the xbox was great.
Fingers crossed Arnova is flying the Xbox flag for everyone now, so hopefully the RTMP fix will reach Xbox Big Grin
bobrooney_78 Wrote:Atlantis is finally here - great!

just wondering what will be the codename for 9.04? Babylon or my favourite Barb Wire Wink Wink

I would suggest Blow

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atlantis Final Release by T3CH?0