Trouble playing videos with latest build
/.ryd Wrote:@skunkm0nkee
This was a fresh install of xbmc and mediastream. I don't use fanart. Never have.
The latest versions of mediastream simply would not let me play any video files, regardless of how many options I turned off.
I switched to the "lite" version straight away, but switching back to 0.95 is the first solution to have worked.

OK, that surprises me so I'll need to look a little more closely at the differences between 0.95 and 0.99.

If you can, could you try installing v0.99 on top of v0.95 (now that the video is working for you) and see if that still allows you to play video? (without changing any of the options you are using with 0.95)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:OK, that surprises me so I'll need to look a little more closely at the differences between 0.95 and 0.99.

If you can, could you try installing v0.99 on top of v0.95 (now that the video is working for you) and see if that still allows you to play video? (without changing any of the options you are using with 0.95)

Right. Tried that. No video love.
Also, the menu art vanished when I started clicking back to the system menu.

On top of that, reinstalling v0.95 left me still unable to play video.

Both of these were copy and replace installs. I'm now trying deleting each first.

Watch this space.

UPDATE:
Okay, after much installing and swapping and eventually installing both under different names, I can categorically state that v0.95 will play any and all video files, pretty much regardless of settings, while v0.99 will not play a single video file, no matter what tweaks are made to the settings.
Also, v0.99 seems to move between menu screens much slower and tends to hang between screens, hiding the menu info, but still displaying the background image and whatever black bar the menu was on.
Finally, v0.99 crashed my xbox while switching menus on one occasion, while clicking back through to the system menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble playing videos with latest build0