Offline Creator - Automated dummy content script/program
looks like that was it! Its working great!

Cheers!
Thanks for all your effort on this guys (and gals)

I can honestly say I've been testing this to destruction. And it is really my own fault as I've got about 1000+ movies over 280 disks. Did an Export of the list from ANT MOVIE Catalog. Sadly there are plenty of foreign movies in there which generally cause the script to baulk and quit out (it doesn't like accents or in some cases Confused or other characters. I just wish it kept a log of which ones which had been done, and which ones caused it to quit. (just a little debug file perhaps?)

It seems to chose the movies from the CSV in RANDOM Huh order! Sometimes the top, sometimes the bottom and sometimes from the middle. I found it much easier to just cut and paste the info from one massive file into a smaller CSV (cut and paste from Notepad++) about 10 at a time and keep an eye on it. Not quite so automated, but has saved me hours of time and I will persevere with it! The only thing I have to do now is find thumbnails for the movies that are currently missing them. Sigh.

Thanks again, nice piece of work just a little further to go to make it REALLY user friendly! Nod
What a coincidence, I finally spent the time to create the csv of my collection and the fix for Linux was released today.

Sw1tch it is running right now creating the folders. Working great!
I have noticed a some possible bugs with this program. Sorry if this is a bit much. I have a background in programming/testing, so I apologize if I went a bit far here. It is possible that many of these issues are related to the CSV files which I use. I do not use ID's in the file, just the names of the titles. This seems to cause some erratic behavior. Note, I am using the Windows version (1.2) of the tool.

1) Someone mentioned the "random" selection of titles from the CSV. What I have found is that when there are no IDs, the selection seems to cause some titles to be skipped entirely. The titles that get skipped are consistent each time the script is run, so this looks like it may be verifyable behavior. However, there is some sort of threshold for this problem. It does not occur on a file with only 20-30 titles, but did it with one with 130+ titles.
2) When "just_refresh" is set to True, the program will process both the files in the CSV and all the titles it can find in the cache directory. This is counter-intuitive to beginning users. I think that the program should only process what is in the CSV and use the cache for pulling copies of pre-processed files.
3) When using "just_refresh" as True, the system still does IMDB content lookups on the titles. Its unlikely it will find new data, so why do these lookups all over again? This would really speed up the rebuild process.
3) If the NFO build flag is set False, the program will fail to copy the AVI build to the destination folders. The reason for this seems to be that it is trying to copy the file from the output folder to the output folder rather than from the cache.
4) When NFO builds are turned off, the TXT file is still created in the cache, but it is full of repeated path information.
5) If you select the option imdb_year_fetch as False, it will still look for the year. Only turning off NFO builds stops this behavior.

For the most part, I was able to work around these issues in various ways, but these fixes would really improve this useful tool.

A few feature requests:

1) Could you add a logfile parameter to the settings to output the results of the process to a log? When on Windows, I double click the binary to launch the scan I often miss errors because the window closes too fast. Of course, I can run it from CMD, but this would be useful.
2) Possibly allow caching of themoviedb.org URLs in the NFOs as well as IMDB? Just a thought. Alot of people using XBMC from the SVN are starting to use this resource.
3) If a connection/download attempt fails, it would be nicer to see this in a readable error instead of the mysterious stuff the DLL library dumps. Just a thought.
4) A command line option to allow use of a file dynamically. This would assist with various batching of files.

Thanks for taking the time to provide this tool. Laugh
Simply cool. I was trying to think of a way to add my offline library since I have a 400 DVD changer/player sitting next to my Xbox loaded with DVDS, but nothing as cool as just clicking a remote and watching what you want wheny you want. I always had a problem with trying to figure out what was where and this slicks it up and even gives you a little CD number so I can say what number of the tray its in to either play or pull it out and load it in the xbox.

Anyways thanks I'm done rambling now. Wink
This is wonderfull but I found a bug:
T:\test1\Offline-Creator-1.2\Offline-Creator\lib\library.zip\win32process.py:10: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module win32process: This Pyt
hon has API version 1013, module win32process has version 1012.
# - Creating Image -- Fritz Il Gatto
Dvd-1350.png
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "offlinecreator.py", line 54, in <module>
File "lib\image_maker.pyo", line 41, in _create_img
File "Image.pyo", line 1399, in save
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'T:\\test1\\Offline-Creator-1.2\\Offline-Creator\\cache\\Fritz Il Gatto\nDvd-1350.png'

as you can see I was trying to create items on two lines.
I have the same error for VERY long titles that are longer than allowed filename.

Can you modify the code to generate the png with a temp name?
something like yyyymmddhhmmss-inc.png?
year month day hour minute second - incremental per second

algorithm should be very simple
ai = 0
s2 =''
--- loop
s1 = yyyymmddhhmmss
if s1 = s2 then ai = ai + 1 else ai = 0
f1 = s1 - ai
... do what you need using f1 as filename
s2 = s1
goto loop

hoping this helps

Additional info: even with this configuration
imdb_year_fetch = False
title_sep =
imdb_title_correction = False

I have:
# - Creating Library Location for -- Benny Butterfly-The Handsome Flying Stranger
# - Fetching year from imdb
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "offlinecreator.py", line 77, in <module>
File "lib\imdb_fetcher.pyo", line 57, in _get_yearname
TypeError: 'bool' object is not iterable

this is bad as it locks the process.
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
Exclamation 
SmileSmileHi there!

Is this project abandoned? I've noticed that there is no progress since last months... I've found that this could be very, very useful tool for my objetive in getting my offline collection into XBMC but unfortunately it doesn't work for me...

The problem seems to be the non standard characters like accents, etc. I've tried saving the CSV file as UTF-8 but it still fails on titles containing accented characters (or other characters). Also it could be great if the app could create the nfo file using data from the CSV file (like the thumbnail, cast, plot, genre, etc)...

thanks in advance and kind regards. Keep up the good work! Smile
Just in case someone else trying to add their off-line dvd's to XBMC finds this thread can I suggest Ember Media Manager. It has an Offline Media Module that does this wonderfully. Although you have to do one at a time. :-(
Hi, I just wonder if there is any that reads this any more.

I try to use this.

I found out I cant use semi colon to separate.

Bit the first time I rud the program it made some files in the cach folder. called 1. Three files.

But if I put my movies (Batman Begins, 1) and so on in the library.csv file.
The program just open it very fast (The black commander box). Can`t eaven see what it says.

I use Windows.

Hope someone can help.

Kindly
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Is there a way to make this work on Windows 7
Does anyone have any automated solutions on how to get a text file of 100's of movies into xbmc yet?

This program would do what i want but it doesnt work for me!!!
Mayby I can help. But not just know, try to get the time tomorrow.
Hi

Download THIS. Unzip it and move the offline-creator folder to C root.
Install Python 2.6.6 also on C root.
Install PIL, it shuld find where to install by it selfe.

Go in to cmd (run - cmd) Navigate into the Offline-Creator folder

cd\ - enter (this to come strigt on root)
C:\Offline-creator - enter

The if you are in the right place, write
C:\Python26\python.exe offlinecreator.py

Then the program shuld run.

Make sure the comma only separe the name from the number like this Hawaii Oslo,111 not Hawaii, Oslo,111. This means problem.

I had to remove every thing else in the library.csv file.
Only movie name and number with the comme betwin. No spaces.
Check the library.csv file more then once to be sure.
And if I don`t remember wrong, I think it just handeld 15 and 15 files
at one time. I think I had to share mye collection on 15 and 15 and so on.

This I got to work with very good help from a nice man i Norway.
THANKS MAN!! Smile
HY All!
It's work on the final version of XBMC Eden RC2?
I try to make it, but it doesn't work Sad
There is so long ago I used this.
But this is not using it inside XBMC, this is just used to make small videofiles that
display the number of the disc so you can add them to the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Offline Creator - Automated dummy content script/program0