• 5(current)
[RELEASE] The Weather Channel (TWC) - Supplemental Script
do you have the installer plugin, that when you first run it you get a list of repos xbmc-addons, xbmc-addons(tagged), xbmc-scripting and xbmc-scripting(tagged) if so it's under the xbmc-addons for the new version and (tagged) for an older more compatable version.

if not grab the installer again. or go into plugin settings and pick the correct repo.

the tagged versions should be more compatable, but if your upto date with xbmc, and want to be cutting edge, go with the non tagged ones.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Thanks Nuka appreciate your help... Smile

I'll try again tonight.
Hi,

very nice plugin.

I checked it out on

Windows xp SP3 and XBMC Atlantis 8.10 (my Desktop)
- The 1.2 tagged version is working
- The latest version shows up the window but every screen is empty

Ubuntu Hardy XBMC Atlantis 8.10 (my HTPC)
- Both versions cause to exit XBMC immediatelly. Debug says nothing special.

Someone running this on Ubuntu? It would be great if it is possible.

Thanks and best regards
linux and osx v 8.1 had an issue, you need to build latest svn and it should run
timdog82001 Wrote:are any of you guys using linux with this? It crashes out of xbmc when I try to run it and freezes the computer. I have to restart x and log back in.

I guess this hasn't been fixed yet
Using the latest version (of xbmc) available in the repository and Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

The version of TWC Supplemental out of the Tagged repo does this, but the one out of the normal SVN repo doesn't work at all.
How can I get fanart working on the xbox (location and condition)? I know how to do it on windows.
Running; T3CH XBMC 2008-12-07 SVN rev16491
Okay, so a more detailed problem post.

TWC Supplemental (from the non-tagged SVN repository) runs, but doesn't show up (crashes?)

TWC Supplemental 1.2 (from the tagged SVN repository) crashes xbmc, and freezes X.

Ubuntu version: Intrepid Ibex
Kernel: 2.6.27-9-generic
XBMC 8.10 SVN:16164 (Compiled: Nov 14 2008)

The following is from TWC Supplemental from the non-tagged SVN repository.
Debug info:

-->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/server/.xbmc/scripts/TWC Supplemental/default.py", line 28, in ?
ui = gui.GUI( "script-twc-main.xml", os.getcwd(), "Default" )
File "/home/server/.xbmc/scripts/TWC Supplemental/resources/lib/gui.py", line 61, in __init__
self._reset_views( 0 )
File "/home/server/.xbmc/scripts/TWC Supplemental/resources/lib/gui.py", in line 371, in _reset_views
xbmcgui.Window(xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId()).setProperty("view-Maps",("", "viewing",)[view == self.CONTROL_MAP_BUTTON])
AttributeError: 'xbmcgui.Window' object has no attribute 'setProperty'

----- END debug info

I typed all of the debug info by hand (I didn't feel like trying to find a way to copy it since I saw no obvious way to, so there might be a small typing mistake somewhere but I doubt it).
JustinMP91 Wrote:Okay, so a more detailed problem post.

TWC Supplemental (from the non-tagged SVN repository) runs, but doesn't show up (crashes?)

TWC Supplemental 1.2 (from the tagged SVN repository) crashes xbmc, and freezes X.

Ubuntu version: Intrepid Ibex
Kernel: 2.6.27-9-generic
XBMC 8.10 SVN:16164 (Compiled: Nov 14 2008)

The following is from TWC Supplemental from the non-tagged SVN repository.
Debug info:

-->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/server/.xbmc/scripts/TWC Supplemental/default.py", line 28, in ?
ui = gui.GUI( "script-twc-main.xml", os.getcwd(), "Default" )
File "/home/server/.xbmc/scripts/TWC Supplemental/resources/lib/gui.py", line 61, in __init__
self._reset_views( 0 )
File "/home/server/.xbmc/scripts/TWC Supplemental/resources/lib/gui.py", in line 371, in _reset_views
xbmcgui.Window(xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId()).setProperty("view-Maps",("", "viewing",)[view == self.CONTROL_MAP_BUTTON])
AttributeError: 'xbmcgui.Window' object has no attribute 'setProperty'

----- END debug info

I typed all of the debug info by hand (I didn't feel like trying to find a way to copy it since I saw no obvious way to, so there might be a small typing mistake somewhere but I doubt it).

I get the same AttributeError: 'xbmcgui.Window' object has no attribute 'setProperty' error message.

Running Atlantis on WinXP Pro SP3. Fresh install.
Unfortunately, it seems that no one cares enough to reply about it.. or at least tell us the link to the bug report or something.

The topic just keeps getting buried Sad
do you care enough to read. it's been answered in this thread. your xbmc build is too old.

read back a few posts where i state that.
I did look through the entire thread... I saw somewhere you said to update, but that person's problem was different than mine, so ..

Whether I needed to read more thoroughly or not, there is no need for you to be harsh about it.

Also... I have the latest version available through the repository, so the only other option as far as I can tell is SVN... but I'm not that experienced with Linux, so I don't really want to try compiling from source. Also... I don't see where that leaves Windows users.

I suppose I'll just wait until a more updated version is available.
JustinMP91 Wrote:I did look through the entire thread... I saw somewhere you said to update, but that person's problem was different than mine, so ..

Whether I needed to read more thoroughly or not, there is no need for you to be harsh about it.

Also... I have the latest version available through the repository, so the only other option as far as I can tell is SVN... but I'm not that experienced with Linux, so I don't really want to try compiling from source. Also... I don't see where that leaves Windows users.

I suppose I'll just wait until a more updated version is available.

I am having the exact same problem with all modern builds running under Windows XP. It looks like this script just doesn't work right under Windows. I'll wait for a newer version as well. Sad
nice first post, won't be any new version. you need to learn to read also.

harsh? harsh is having to repeat myself.
Nuka1195 Wrote:nice first post, won't be any new version. you need to learn to read also.

harsh? harsh is having to repeat myself.

Read for understanding. That was a different problem entirely.
ok, i'll take it that you two thought your problems were completely different.

they are not. the script works fine on all platforms as long as you have a revision newer than 16480.

the error message above is an error you would get with an older build.

i test on windows, therefore i know it will always work on windows.

if you are having the exact same problem as justinmp91, then a version in the tagged branch would work for you, as i've stated before in this thread that you've read?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Weather Channel (TWC) - Supplemental Script0