• 9(current)
[RELEASE] The Weather Channel (TWC) - Supplemental Script
You could just enable the extra button opposed to changing the skin.

Settings > Left column: Skin Settings > Scripts > Enable Quick Launch Script Button for Weather

Enable the button
Set button lable which I use "More Information"
Set Script path

That basically gives you a button in the weather screen you can click to bring you to TWC so you can still change the location fast from weather if your like me and switch to 3 different locations often. Wink
kizer Wrote:You could just enable the extra button opposed to changing the skin.

Settings > Left column: Skin Settings > Scripts > Enable Quick Launch Script Button for Weather

Enable the button
Set button lable which I use "More Information"
Set Script path

That basically gives you a button in the weather screen you can click to bring you to TWC so you can still change the location fast from weather if your like me and switch to 3 different locations often. Wink

That's in mediastream? I'm pretty sure that option wasn't there when i originally modified it for this but who knows.
I just checked and the button settings mentioned by Kizer are included in the PM3.HD skin but no such option exists in Mediastream. The functionality however is along the lines of what I would like. The suggestion of using keymap.xml would work but won't add an on-screen visual clue and would require entries for keyboard and remote (I am running XBMC under Windows and still am working out the kinks of my remote setup so I still use keyboard control often). Anyone know how/what to modify in Mediastream to get this functionality to display?
retrieverfalcon Wrote:I just checked and the button settings mentioned by Kizer are included in the PM3.HD skin but no such option exists in Mediastream. The functionality however is along the lines of what I would like. The suggestion of using keymap.xml would work but won't add an on-screen visual clue and would require entries for keyboard and remote (I am running XBMC under Windows and still am working out the kinks of my remote setup so I still use keyboard control often). Anyone know how/what to modify in Mediastream to get this functionality to display?
Windows.
Add to keymap.xml in <weather>
PHP Code:
<keyboard>
 <
i>XBMC.RunScript(C:/Program Files/XBMC/scripts/TWC Supplemental/default.py)</i>
<
keyboard

If you press "i" on keyboard when your in weather and twc will start
retrieverfalcon Wrote:I just checked and the button settings mentioned by Kizer are included in the PM3.HD skin but no such option exists in Mediastream. The functionality however is along the lines of what I would like. The suggestion of using keymap.xml would work but won't add an on-screen visual clue and would require entries for keyboard and remote (I am running XBMC under Windows and still am working out the kinks of my remote setup so I still use keyboard control often). Anyone know how/what to modify in Mediastream to get this functionality to display?

You'll want to modify MyWeather.xml. Basically, there should be two buttons, settings, and refresh iirc. Just copy and paste the image control of the one furthest to the right and then change the label to say "More" or "TWC Script" or "More Info" or whatever you want. Then, change the onclick to be XBMC.RunScript(Q:\scripts\TWC\default.py) (or whatever your path and the correct names are).

Now, look at the posx of the two original buttons and see how far to the right the second button is from the first one. Figure this out, and then change your new button to be the same distance to the right of the second button.

Now, change the button id number to something that isn't being used in that window. You're going to need to be able to navigate to it now, so change the <onright> contents of the now middle button to say the number of your new button, and do the same thing with the <onleft> of the leftmost button. Now, change the <onleft> of the new button to go to the ID of the middle button...and the <onright> to the id of the leftmost button.

This probably sounds pretty confusing, but it should make sense once you look at the code
timdog82001 Thanx again works perfect.
No problem. Also, it just occurred to me you'll need to account for the arrows that toggle the weather location as well
Did thatBig Grin
Thanks. Those instructions were exactly what I needed and I now have the button functioning exactly as I would like.
The t3ch build from jan 25, 2009 fixes the problem the xbox had with not being able to exit the script. The back button once again exits the script instead of having to resort to restarting the xbox. Thanks again for the great plugin. It's very useful this time of year especially.
Heya Nuka1195,
I have run a search on weather channel fade and it didnt come up with anything. I was wondering if there was an issue with the newer SVNs. Currently I am running version 17788 and the fade level does not seem to adjust anything in the settings tab once a background is shown. I am running the SVN version of mediastream and have tried the 1.00 version to make sure it wasnt something in the SVN of the skin. I am also running this with Timdogs "fanart" changing backgrounds. Any ideas on anything I can try? Thanks.
Quote:
[TWC Supplemental]
-changed: version -> 1.5.0
-added: more maps and two more map lists
-added: settings for map categories
-changed: English language strings
-changed: removed weekend alerts, they were ads
-changed: default skin

updated

For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
the fade level changes for me, just not instant.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Yeah does now. I updated to SVN17890. It must be relevant to some changes made in the the SVNs as of a couple days ago. Maybe having something to do with this?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post285720

Either way it works again. Thanks. Now if I can only get my home screen to change correctly again with Mediastream SVN Smile
Love the new features in the update as well!! The business travel stuff is pretty cool especially.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Weather Channel (TWC) - Supplemental Script0