Picture view crashes with Atlantis final
Today I updated Xbmc from beta2 to final using the ppa.

I noticed that when trying to view my photos, which are shown using the picture-view, xbmc crashed instantly.
So I had to change the skin to pm3.hd, change the view, then change back to mediastream and use the list view. Then if I changed the view to pictures again, it crashed.

So I figured this might be something skin-specific, cause it works with all views in pm3.hd. Also the other views work in mediastream.
EDIT: I also had this crash using the pm3.hd-skin now, so I guess I was wrong in thinking this was skin-specific. So feel free to move this thread to a more suitible location, thanks!

Log: http://pastebin.com/m1d8da5f6

It have worked fine previously with both beta1 and beta2.

Thanks!
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
r16148/9 contains a fix for the largeimage control that *might* be the cause. Does it segfault at all? Your log file doesn't indicate that there was a problem from XBMC's perspective, but it may be either internal to SDL or GL.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, it says "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" when I run from a terminal.

Let me know if there's anything I can do/try that helps!
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
See the sticky in the linux forum on how to get a stack trace and so on.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Here's the backtrace: http://pastebin.com/m71dcedb4

I hope that's what you meant.
FYI: just tried 8.10final1-svn16188 and there it seems to work again. Thanks!
Has there been any development on this problem? I just upgraded from the beta to the final and now I can't view images using the Pictures interface (same crashing behaviour).

I'm about to show some pics to my family and would like to do it through XBMC -- is there a quick way to revert to the beta just to I can do this?
yellowman Wrote:FYI: just tried 8.10final1-svn16188 and there it seems to work again. Thanks!

How did you revert? I don't want to lose all my library data!

PS I'm using 8.10final1-hardy4.
Confirmed. Crash problem is fixed in 8.10final1-svn16188.

@melat0nin :

Add the Daily build PPA's to your /etc/apt/sources.list

do a :

apt-get update
apt-get install xbmc

You should now have installed the xvn16188 build

See also :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33327

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture view crashes with Atlantis final0