[AppleTV] ETA for Atlantis 8.10 for ATV ?
The news is everywhere ... every platform seems to have a new version available for download with the exception of AppleTV. I have the latest XBMC Launcher 0.5 on my ATV 2.2 but it is still listing only Beta2 as a download option.

Is there an ETA on the ATV 8.10 update ? Or is there a way to manually push the MAC 8.10 DMG file into the ATV via SSH, etc ?

Many many thanks as always ! Smile
Code:
scp -r XBMC.app [email][email protected][/email]l:/Applications/

Where XBMC.app is the Mac version.

You might want to backup the existing XBMC on your ATV before doing this:

Code:
ssh [email protected]
mv /Applications/XBMC.app /Applications/XBMC_beta2.app

DISCLAIMER: I think that the ATV version and Mac version is the same, but I could be wrong...
XBMC4Ever Wrote:Is there an ETA on the ATV 8.10 update ? Or is there a way to manually push the MAC 8.10 DMG file into the ATV via SSH, etc ?

Should be tonight or tomorrow. We need do some final checks in case of XBMCLauncher interactions and I'm still at work Sad
Seems very similar to the FTP overwrite/update process for XBox platform.
I shall give it a whirl ...

Thanks for the quick suggestion for an impatient user !
Smile

Edit: forum sync issues ... I was responding while davilla was posting .... d'oh
Awesome hustle davilla ... now get back to work ! heeheheheh
argh
permissions issues
cannot do a straight scp -r
grrrr
XBMC4Ever Wrote:argh
permissions issues
cannot do a straight scp -r
grrrr

scp it to /Users/frontrow then ssh in and move it into place Smile
Thanks for another tip ... running out of time tonight ... but if I don't decide to wait for the "n00b" update via the ATV menu, then I shall give it another whirl tomorrow. Smile
I did the Mac install and everything looks to be running. Too early to say, but it seems a little more responsive in the menus and everything has been working well.
Decided to take the easy approach and wait for that new ATV-USBCreator and/or updated XBMCLauncher, etc. Rolleyes
ohh come on davilla can't wait Laugh

waiting XBMCLauncher-0.6
^tWiSt^ Wrote:ohh come on davilla can't wait Laugh

waiting XBMCLauncher-0.6

Looks like it's out! I just updated the Launcher to 0.6 and now the Updates menu is offering the non beta version of XBMC. Downloading it now.
Yeppers ... noticed 0.6 about 30 mins after someone snuck the update in.
My ATV is now successfully at 8.10 .. one small bug though ... will post on seperate thread to see if anyone else can confirm.
Thanks again !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] ETA for Atlantis 8.10 for ATV ?0