PM3 mod - dim option, new home screen, movie library view
I have edited the PM3 skin to include a dim option, a new home screen and small "improvements" of the movie library views.

Screenies described:
  • Strange aspect ration because I have a 1024x768 16:9 plasma.
  • All screenshots are dimmed as you probably see, this is good because I like to have a high contrast for movies but not for the menus because that can damage my plasma and is annoying to read text with high contrast. Dimming is achived by adding a dimmed black square over the gui.
  • Dim level CAN'T be controlled from the settings, it's hard coded at the end of includes.xml. Setting is stored in guisettings.xml, but couldn't figure out how to use it.No

Library view:
  • Annoying thing to the left is moved outside of the screen.
  • More info added at the bottom of screen. Rating and PlotOutline added... (one sentence is enough to describe an unseen movie)

home screen:
  • "Filmer" takes you to movies library view.
  • "TV-serier" (swedish, hardcoded) takes you to tv-series library view.
  • "Video" (swedish, hardcoded) takes you to the movies file view.

I have only dimmed the GUI-screens that are used on day-to-day basis, because I'm lazy and because there should be a better/simpler way of doing this.

I hope that the PM3 developers adds a better dimming option!
I hope that the PM3 developers adds fully customizable home screen!
I hope that the PM3 developers adds a few extra view modes for the fan art view!
I hope that the PM3 developers adds an option to use PlotOutline instead of Plot!

Download: PM3.HD.edit.rar
(make a copy of PM3.HD folder and use the files in PM3.HD.edit.rar instead of the originals)
Mackan2 Wrote:Annoying thing to the left is moved outside of the screen.

That was one of my favorite things about PM3.HD
Having that there lets new users know something is there, giving it a huge boost in usability for new users.

Everything else in your screen shots look nice Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:That was one of my favorite things about PM3.HD
Having that there lets new users know something is there, giving it a huge boost in usability for new users.

Everything else in your screen shots look nice Smile

Yep and for people using it on a PC its easy mouse over to get to the buttons
(the reasons its there in the first place)
Jezz_X Wrote:Yep and for people using it on a PC its easy mouse over to get to the buttons
(the reasons its there in the first place)

OK, hope to see this as an option too in future releases! Say I do make this an option, how do I get it into PM3?

btw, Jezz_X, is there a way to make my dimmed box covering the skin to be always-on-top and is this a good approach to achieve dimming?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PM3 mod - dim option, new home screen, movie library view0