cannot start xbmc in 8.10 release
runelind Wrote:If you don't want to copy the DLL to the system32 directory, it also works copying it from your java/bin location to c:\program files\xbmc

My guess is what's happening is that the location that it looks for that particular DLL is not included in the path that is used upon startup.

Please don't do that! No
This might crash XBMC or overwrite our internal functionality. It has a reason why this file isn't loaded at the first place.
Put those files in the system32 dir and you're fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Can't seem to make it work on Vista Home Premium x64. The file is in c:\Windows\System32
bb10 Wrote:Can't seem to make it work on Vista Home Premium x64. The file is in c:\Windows\System32

Try c:\Windows\System
mkv1080p Wrote:Try c:\Windows\System
That works! thanks Smile
I could have sworn that I tried that folder too though... :confused2:
Hi
Just installed xbmc on my Windows XP sp2 machine. I had the problem with the dll and downloaded it and put it in the xbmc-root.

The error message dissapears but xbmc crashes before starting?

I also tried putting the dll in system and system32 folder under windows?

Please help me.
ok fixed it. had to reinstall the grafics driver.
"This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I copied MSVCR71.dll to xbmx, system, system32. Still not working!!!

Now it says 'XMBC has stopped working'.....

I am trying this for very First time and already started to hate it. What kind of development team is this? Could not even keep all required dll in download!!!

Shame!!!!
vrcs,

Nice first post... Good luck getting help.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Damn, that sucks!
tslayer Wrote:vrcs,

Nice first post... Good luck getting help.

This program sucks! Who cares about getting help and keep fighting with it
Well, I'm sure you'll find more people disagreeing with you. Obviously most people think differently than you.

PEBKAC.

tslayer Wrote:Well, I'm sure you'll find more people disagreeing with you. Obviously most people think differently than you.

PEBKAC.

Well, I have been in IT software development for 20+ years. This is the first program fails right away from box.

I do see lot.. I mean lot of people having issues with missing .dll/won't start, It will not take long time for most people to agree with me

Check it out yourself how many have posted same dll issues over last 2 months!!
Sure buddy.. I'm sure if you look at xbmc.log you'll see the issue. But hey, forget it. Go use something else.

Go pay for some software that isn't free.

Oh and let's see how many people agree with you. So what? There was a missing dll. Add it in and it will work. No big deal... Unless you don't know how to deal with that.

If it doesn't then you have some other issue. You must be crappy at your IT job if you can't figure out why XBMC won't start.

As I said before, if you replaced the dll, and it still won't start, then PEBKAC.

tslayer Wrote:Oh and let's see how many people agree with you. So what? There was a missing dll. Add it in and it will work. No big deal... Unless you don't know how to deal with that.

If it doesn't then you have some other issue. You must be crappy at your IT job if you can't figure out why XBMC won't start.

As I said before, if you replaced the dll, and it still won't start, then PEBKAC.

Who is crappy? Are you out of your mind?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cannot start xbmc in 8.10 release0