Video Resolution Does Not Match TV Resolution
Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem with the new Atlantis release.

Everything works fine, however, I noticed that the new XBMC does not fill the entire HDTV screen. In the previous release, I always had fullscreen of the images/video/main menu. I know that it is not a issue with video calibration, but rather of the display because the main menu screen leaves a black (unfilled) border around the edge of my TV.

I have done complete uninstalls (including profile settings) and I seem to have the entire screen filled with the Beta 2, but a "black border" with the 8.10 Atlantis.

Please let me know if anyone else has this issue or a solution.

Thanks.

Specs:
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3600
CPU: Pentium Core2Duo 2.4GHz
TV: Panasonic 42" Plasma
What model TV and how is it connected?
Same here. In beta 2 everything was fine. But since I have installed the final version there is also a black border around the edge of my TV. I changed the resolutions to 720p, 1080p, 1366x768 ... None of those gave me a nice filled screen.

My htpc (Vista) is:

Intel Dual core
Nvidea 8400GS
TV= Sony Bravia 40"

Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Same here.

ATI Radeon 3200 connected to Sony 40w4000 @1080p HDMI.
Looks like the overscan settings from Catalyst Control Center is bypassed.
Check the refresh rate of XBMC in the Info screen. It could be different than the desktop so you'll have to enable that rate for the desktop, then adjust the overscan, apply it and then revert back to your normal rate for the desktop.
yup same here, as one said - seems to "override" the catalyst overscan thingy, so had to revert back to beta2.
anyways, thanks for a really great app!
Same here, since installed new release. With samsung 42" inch plasma resolution 1024 x 768, resolution of video card set on 1280 x 720 with overscan in catalyst, and xbox gives black strokes.
Why not just go into the video settings within video calibrations (in XBMC) and adjust it?
There is a black box arround the xbmc screen.

Is this A BUG.
Did you try my suggestion?
Yes I tried, and this is working for temporary. If you start XBMC and you go with Alt-Tab and you change resolution is working. But if you exit XBMC and you start it again, you have the same problem. So it is working but you have to change it everytime when start XBMC.
Strange, I had this occur when I was testing XBMC out at different refresh rates but my card (Radeon HD2400) remembered the overscan settings for each rate once I'd set them.
My Radeon x1950 remembered it also, but xbmc didn't reminder.
I think the problem is xbmc because when you start again, xbmc is viewed without overscan.
Sounds like XBMC is setting a different mode that what you're expecting. Color Depth or Refresh Rate must not be the same for some reason. It isn't XMBC ignoring overscan, but probably rather the different resolution not retaining its overscan setting. I'll say that this behavior is not intentional, but more a limitation of the way resolutions are selected.

Have you tried setting the desktop resolution to what you want, then launching "XBMC (windowed)" and just set the resolution to what the desktop res is. Don't use the "(Fullscreen)" version, just use the resolution that matches the desktop res. If XBMC takes up the whole screen, it will remove the window borders and decoration even if you tell it to be windowed.
could someone add me to boxee Huh ( send me invitation)
still waiting for password and username

[email protected] thnx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Resolution Does Not Match TV Resolution0