• 4(current)
[AppleTV] XBMC ATV Patchstick Creator for Windows released
this is the url for the pastebin of what happens when i execute the bat file:
http://pastebin.com/f7834ee9b

this is the url of the pastebin for the dir:
http://pastebin.com/m6ce3fdd

note - in doing this i just realized that this must be the file I am looking for: atv-xbmc-ssh.img? It does not show up in my windows browser...huh, the image tool worked when i typed the file name in directly...i have an atv-xbmc-ssh.zip but not a img. But its obviously there and now on my USB device.

ok - so past this hurdle (really, thank you for the patience) and successfully got it on the the ATV just now. Rebooted the ATV and see the Boxee/XBMC menu in the ATV. went to update to the latest launcher (per this post you made http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...uncher+2.3) but nothing happened. Blank screen for a bit then just returned to the update screen..none of the updates are happening. I tried to just run XBMC for the heck of it and got the blank screen others mentioned with 2.3.

Did I run the Launcher update from the incorrect place (am i thinking of the wrong thing?)

thank you.
ptorres Wrote:this is the url for the pastebin of what happens when i execute the bat file:
http://pastebin.com/f7834ee9b

this is the url of the pastebin for the dir:
http://pastebin.com/m6ce3fdd

note - in doing this i just realized that this must be the file I am looking for: atv-xbmc-ssh.img? It does not show up in my windows browser...huh, the image tool worked when i typed the file name in directly...i have an atv-xbmc-ssh.zip but not a img. But its obviously there and now on my USB device.

ok - so past this hurdle (really, thank you for the patience) and successfully got it on the the ATV just now. Rebooted the ATV and see the Boxee/XBMC menu in the ATV. went to update to the latest launcher (per this post you made http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...uncher+2.3) but nothing happened. Blank screen for a bit then just returned to the update screen..none of the updates are happening. I tried to just run XBMC for the heck of it and got the blank screen others mentioned with 2.3.

Did I run the Launcher update from the incorrect place (am i thinking of the wrong thing?)

thank you.

use atv-win-1.0.b11 instead of atv-win-1.0.b8

different Launcher version that is compatible with atv os r2.3x
I did everything th readme said to do, everything worked great, BUT when i plug the flashdrive into my ATV it just boots normally, nothing happens, i have tried this many many times, can anyone help me, ive tried googleing this but to no avail
davilla - Many thanks. Everything worked great once I used the appropriate (most recent) version.

Much appreciate (cleary) for all your work on this and helping me out through the steps.

Again - great stuff!
Big Grin 
Hi,

I did some research, got a ATV yesterday, ran the batch file on my USB stick (on windows) and then proceeded to patch my ATV.

Everything worked perfect 1st time. I then used the updated ATV menu (as per instructions) to download XBMC and proceeded to set that up via the xbmc settings menu (screen res etc etc).

After that, I SSH'ed into the ATV and modified the xbmc sources to match what I was using on my old xbox (running xbmc) and all was good.

This fixed the issue of the ATC xbmc not remembering the passwords to the lan shares (I was prompted each time I restarted it for the share l/p. So hard coding it into the sources.xml file fixed this.

I do have 4 questions however & please excuse me if this has been asked before.

1. Is it possible to get the tos-link optical audio to work in Dolby Digital 5.1, rather than the standard DTS which it seems locked to?

2. Has anyone got a USB TV Tuner stick working on the ATV (and then with xbmc)? If so, what brand and any instructions would be most helpful.

3. Is it possible to modify the ATV menu so it says XBMC, rahther than XBMC/BoxEE. I have no intention of running BoxEE

4. Is it possible to have the XBMC "shutdown" actually shutdown the whole ATV, so you don't have to 'double menu' out of the ATV to turn it off?

I appreciate any feedback/questions etc & am more than happy to provide help with people who are stuck.

Monty
MontyAus Wrote:Hi,

I did some research, got a ATV yesterday, ran the batch file on my USB stick (on windows) and then proceeded to patch my ATV.

Everything worked perfect 1st time. I then used the updated ATV menu (as per instructions) to download XBMC and proceeded to set that up via the xbmc settings menu (screen res etc etc).

After that, I SSH'ed into the ATV and modified the xbmc sources to match what I was using on my old xbox (running xbmc) and all was good.

This fixed the issue of the ATC xbmc not remembering the passwords to the lan shares (I was prompted each time I restarted it for the share l/p. So hard coding it into the sources.xml file fixed this.

I do have 4 questions however & please excuse me if this has been asked before.

1. Is it possible to get the tos-link optical audio to work in Dolby Digital 5.1, rather than the standard DTS which it seems locked to?

2. Has anyone got a USB TV Tuner stick working on the ATV (and then with xbmc)? If so, what brand and any instructions would be most helpful.

3. Is it possible to modify the ATV menu so it says XBMC, rahther than XBMC/BoxEE. I have no intention of running BoxEE

4. Is it possible to have the XBMC "shutdown" actually shutdown the whole ATV, so you don't have to 'double menu' out of the ATV to turn it off?

I appreciate any feedback/questions etc & am more than happy to provide help with people who are stuck.

Monty

Since you are past the point of the thread topic, it's best to create an new thread and not hi-jack an exisiting thread with an unrelated topic. This does nothing but cause confusion when others read the thread. Post a new thread please. Thanks.
Okkaaaay... I'm getting pretty furious soon! Been trying to install this XBMC, first with the b08, didn't work because of the 2.3x issue i reád in the forum.

Then i tried with the b11, installes like a charm (Ubar thanks for this release) but now is it i get confused, been trying to read up on it all... but what with the Launcher 0.9/2.3? Don't make any sence to me, are there some threads I should read? Found the one where they released the fucker... 0.9, didn't get much out of it.

When it all comes to an end, i start my Apple TV, and i get this message "Error: Cannot launch XBMC/Boxee from path: /Applications/boxee.app/Contents/MacOS/Boxee"

Does the same thing with XBMC... My Trip is gone, for going WUUUHUU about this release... so i beg for help Tongue
Launcher 0.8 (installed by atvusb-creator/atv-win) has problems under appletv os 2.3+.

Launcher 2.3 was created to fix these problem by using something called multifinder.

Launcher 0.9 is a fix to Launcher 0.8 issues under appletv os 2.3+.

You have two choices for operation under appletv os 2.3+. Use Launcher 0.9 or Launcher 2.3.

Launcher 0.8 can update to Launcher 2.3. Once at Launcher 2.3, you can then update to Launcher 0.9 if you don't like how multifinder works.

Quote:i start my Apple TV, and i get this message "Error: Cannot launch XBMC/Boxee from path: /Applications/boxee.app/Contents/MacOS/Boxee"

Not possible unless you are running Launcher 2.3 and have enabled direct boot into boxee.

If this error message is in response to selecting the right side menu entry labeled "Boxee", then you most likely did NOT install boxee from the downloads/updates menu (also on the right side menus).

atvusb-creator creates a patchstick.
Patchstick installs the Launcher.
Launcher installs XBMC or Boxee.
doh - As homer would say. Thx villa... ubar release! just not noob proff Wink
I downloaded the .zip file to open on my pc. When it's opened, I don't recognize any of the files. I have watched some step by step videos on Youtube but it's for mac users. Does anyone have a step by step list on how to make the patchstick with this new creator?

Another question. If I were to use the mac usb creator on a friends mac, then install it on my apple tv, would XBMC and boxee be able to "see" my pc and use read my films, movies and music ? Or is the window patchstick my only hope ?

I'm sorry if I sound so stupid, i'm trying really hard to understand and make xbmc work on my apple tv.

Thanks guysHuh
read the readme.txt that should have been extracted with the otherfiles from the zip.
Heya There,

I need some help trouble shooting a virgin xmbc install

Using Windows lastest - atv-win-1.0.b11
On a new appleTV running v2.3 out of the box. (I've tried both 2.3 and 2.3.1)
I create the patchstick without any problems. (run the .bat, it downloads the .dmg from apple, I run the USB creater and no problems occur)
I can't look at the patchstick but I'm on windows and so assume that the file system isn't recognized as it's OSX on the patchstick.

now the problem.
When I boot with the patchstick…Linux boots and a bunch of stuff scrolls by until
Mount: cannot umount /mnt/rootfs: Invalid command.
??-boot-patchstick failed -- starting telnetd
And then getting the lease fails. (I only have encrypted wifi with so guessing that’s the problem there.)

I reboot the appletv and it's just the appletv.

I've looked around on the forums but don't see anything helpful.

This is my 1st install so can't really tell where the problems are starting..

Has this been seen before? Any pointers?

Thx
Quote:boot-patchstick failed -- starting telnetd

sure sign, a) try another USB flash drive or b) make sure you use "Device Mode" the the USB Image tool.
Okay folks. I downloaded atv-win-1.0.b08 and pactched and successfully loaded xbmc/boxee on my new atv. screen went black when I tried to update boxee and xbmc. I read some posts and got myself atv-win-1.0.b11.

It all worked perfectly but yet again I wasn't able to update at all. These were the updates available :

xbmc atlantis (bf1)
boxee alpha 0.9.7.48
boxee (0.9.9.5324
launcher 2.3

Not of these updates work. They all go blackscreen when I choose them. Did I forget to add something to my patchstick ?

atv-xbmc-ssh.img is all that I put on it.Confused
ianfrommontreal Wrote:Okay folks. I downloaded atv-win-1.0.b08 and pactched and successfully loaded xbmc/boxee on my new atv. screen went black when I tried to update boxee and xbmc. I read some posts and got myself atv-win-1.0.b11.

It all worked perfectly but yet again I wasn't able to update at all. These were the updates available :

xbmc atlantis (bf1)
boxee alpha 0.9.7.48
boxee (0.9.9.5324
launcher 2.3

Not of these updates work. They all go blackscreen when I choose them. Did I forget to add something to my patchstick ?

atv-xbmc-ssh.img is all that I put on it.Confused

helps to know your current launcher version.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] XBMC ATV Patchstick Creator for Windows released1