[AppleTV] XBMC ATV Patchstick Creator for Windows released

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
288enzo Offline
I've read so much that my brain now hurts. Can someone please explain simply what the process is to create a patchstick via Windows for the AppleTV so that I can SSH in and install XBMC?

I've tried atv-win-2.0 exe which created some image on my laptop, not sure what I'm suppose to do with the image. Am I to simply copy it to a USB thumb drive and plug it into ATV? I've SSH'd into my iPhone in the past and don't have a problem with CMD line prompts, just not sure what the heck to do here.

Thanks.
find quote
davilla Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
288enzo Wrote:I've read so much that my brain now hurts. Can someone please explain simply what the process is to create a patchstick via Windows for the AppleTV so that I can SSH in and install XBMC?

I've tried atv-win-2.0 exe which created some image on my laptop, not sure what I'm suppose to do with the image. Am I to simply copy it to a USB thumb drive and plug it into ATV? I've SSH'd into my iPhone in the past and don't have a problem with CMD line prompts, just not sure what the heck to do here.

Thanks.

The instructions say to use the application "Usb Image Tool" to copy the disk image to the patchstick. You did read the readme.txt ?

MediaInfo : http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
kayo Offline
I just got my Apple TV in and ready to install XBMC. However, I have couple questions before I do that.

I've read somewhere that Davilla mentioned that there is a "faster" method of installing XBMC on ATV. Can someone direct me to that method? Though I'm new to the Mac/XBMC thing, but not really slow with these stuffs.

Thanks a lot Smile
find quote
davilla Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
kayo Wrote:I just got my Apple TV in and ready to install XBMC. However, I have couple questions before I do that.

I've read somewhere that Davilla mentioned that there is a "faster" method of installing XBMC on ATV. Can someone direct me to that method? Though I'm new to the Mac/XBMC thing, but not really slow with these stuffs.

Thanks a lot Smile

faster than what ?

MediaInfo : http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
kayo Offline
davilla Wrote:faster than what ?

NVM, I think I remembered it wrong. It just that I remembered somewhere you mentioned that the patchstick method isn't the fastest method, but I'm not sure if that's what it meant or I could've interpreted the wrong way :o
find quote
metman Offline
hi all, noob here, i have got XBMC all installed on the ATV by following the instructions above. the only thing i can't do now is see the media on my mac via xbmc ... how do i link the two (mac & ATV) so that i can browse the mac via ATV and stream my content ... many thanks in advance!
find quote
psimonse Offline
Does anybody know if there is a Apple Patchstick Creator for firmware version 3.0.1??
Or perhaps how to downgrade from 3.0.1 to 2.4??
find quote
Sam.Nazarko Offline
Posting Freak
Yes. I have just released atv-win-3.0. The latest download from http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator will fully support it.

Smile
find quote
illiac4 Offline
Fan
Hi!

Does the newest patchstick creator v3 for windows also makes the light on ATV flash white and not orange blinking?

Cheers
find quote
Tyler Durden Offline
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but this still seems to be the only way of trying to restore the original ATV OS.

I've used the Apple TV Patchstick Creator 3.0 to create a 3.0.1 patchstick, and rebooted my ATV with the stick inserted.

This is what I get.
[Image: 419288_10150654798140719_671955718_11231...2766_n.jpg]
find quote
Tyler Durden Offline
Just tried a second USB drive, and the same problem occurs.

So that's an 8gb San Disk Edge, and an 8gb PNY Attache Optima.
find quote