• 2(current)
[AppleTV] XBMC ATV Patchstick Creator for Windows released
yzeyze Wrote:E:\Downloads\ATV\atv-win-1.0.b8\atv-win-1.0.b8>tools\7-zip\7z.exe e atv-xbmc.7z

7-Zip 4.59 alpha 3 Copyright © 1999-2008 Igor Pavlov 2008-06-24

Processing archive: atv-xbmc.7z

Extracting atv-xbmc.img Data Error

<snip>

Perhaps the 7Z file is corrupt?

I checked the master, it extracts fine and the md5 checksum matches.

do a

tools\wget\openssl dgst -md5 atv-xbmc.7z

it should be

cfc233d72f15f859c1e55ecba7cf96d6

EDIT: if you don't get this I would suspect the download of atv-win-1.0.b8
E:\Downloads\ATV\atv-win-1.0.b8\atv-win-1.0.b8>tools\wget\openssl dgst -md5 atv-
xbmc.7z
MD5(atv-xbmc.7z)= f7e3a1b0b006e0e1a054f0f7d31714cb

That would explain it I guess.

edit - Redownloaded - working now - thanks.

p.s. this should be pinned.
oh, and another thing, - would it be bad to run the patch on an already installed system?
Would I lose Couch Surfer, NitoTV etc?
yzeyze Wrote:oh, and another thing, - would it be bad to run the patch on an already installed system?

Does couch surfer, nitoTV etc work using this windows atv patchstick?
Hey Slippy,
I cannot offer complete feedback for you, but I can say that the Windows patchstick installs SoftwareMenu and that SoftwareMenu offers the installation of ATVFiles, NitoTV, etc. So yes ... the Windows patchstick seems to currently offer a little more that the Apple batchstick b7. That said, I have not tried installing any of the extra goodies - although I have used it to hide some of the Apple factory installed menu items Big Grin
many thanks for this info, much appreciated
yzeyze Wrote:oh, and another thing, - would it be bad to run the patch on an already installed system?

From the readme.txt;

Quote:mk-atv-xbmc.bat will create a disk image that will install

1) bintuils
2) SoftwareMenu-0.71
3) XBMCLauncher-0.6

Use this version if you already have ssh on your AppleTV that
was installed by a previous patchstick.

mk-atv-xbmc-ssh.bat will create a disk image that will install

1) ssh
2) bintuils
3) SoftwareMenu-0.71
4) XBMCLauncher-0.6

No existing plugins are touched.

EDIT:

Make sure you extract the contents of the zip file and don't just open and try to run the batch files from inside the zip container.
I just ran the "with ssh" version of the patchstick on a brand new apple tv with 2.1 os. It looks like it successfully installed the xbmc/boxee launcher. I updated both, and installed CouchSurfer and Nito. the problem is, when I sftp (using WinSCP), I am not able to edit/delete any files. I am working towards unlocking the USB to use a keyboard and mouse, but cannot replace my mach_kernel.prelink file. Is there a setting I missed or something?
vancurenw Wrote:I just ran the "with ssh" version of the patchstick on a brand new apple tv with 2.1 os. It looks like it successfully installed the xbmc/boxee launcher. I updated both, and installed CouchSurfer and Nito. The problem is that it will not run either XBMC or Boxee, saying they are not present in the directory. Also, when I sftp (using WinSCP), I am not able to edit/delete any files. I am working towards unlocking the USB to use a keyboard and mouse, but cannot replace my mach_kernel.prelink file. Is there a setting I missed or something?

ssh in and

"ls -l /Applications"
Thanks for the tip. I can see both Boxee and XBMC now. Still unable to edit files though, and I can't replace my mach_kernel.prelink.
vancurenw Wrote:Still unable to edit files though, and I can't replace my mach_kernel.prelink.

can you be more specfic about why you can't, and as a note, you can't replace files that are owned by root using sftp. You can to two step it, sftp into /Users/frontrow, then ssh in and "sudo mv" them.
sftp'ing the new mach_kernel.prelink, then using sudo mv worked perfectly. That was the only problem I was having. I did not know that you could not overwrite files in the root directory. Thanks!
davilla Wrote:From the readme.txt;

No existing plugins are touched.

EDIT:

Make sure you extract the contents of the zip file and don't just open and try to run the batch files from inside the zip container.

Im already patched with ssh but If I upgrade to the new release I'll lose ATVFiles Nito and couchserver, If I get ssh back using you patch how would i get back the other plugins. can you give me any links that would help. I'm on a windows pc. Thanks for creating this new patch.
Ericidle Wrote:Im already patched with ssh but If I upgrade to the new release I'll lose ATVFiles Nito and couchserver, If I get ssh back using you patch how would i get back the other plugins. can you give me any links that would help. I'm on a windows pc. Thanks for creating this new patch.

The patcher also loads SoftwareMenu, from this you can load up the other plugins like files, nito etc.
Patched fine and everything was going to plan until I tried to install ATV Files, got stuck in the boot loop and had to start over from factory restore. Seems an update is required before things are good for 2.3.

Thanks Davilla, I can SSH at leat and hopefully everything will be sorted for 2.3 soon
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] XBMC ATV Patchstick Creator for Windows released1