Music FanArt Pack
Nice work on the packs, quite a few bands that I like Cool
thanks Smile
I know I'm gonna get slammed hard for this........but, I do have a wife. I would rather be slammed verbally on here, than in real life by her. LOL
Could you release some country music FanArt? Like Hank Williams Jr, Charlie Daniels Band, Bellamy Bros., Taylor Swift......Some others too?
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:I know I'm gonna get slammed hard for this........but, I do have a wife. I would rather be slammed verbally on here, than in real life by her. LOL
Could you release some country music FanArt? Like Hank Williams Jr, Charlie Daniels Band, Bellamy Bros., Taylor Swift......Some others too?

I don't know about getting slammed...now if you'd included Big and Rich in that list...

Big Grin

I can whip up some country ones. I'm a bigger fan of the old-school country music, so if you want any other specific artist...list em.

In fact...just give me of bands to do. Anything you listen to. Just start rattling off bands. And this goes for everybody...just throw em out there.

Please. Wink
rage against the machine, mars volta, pink floyd, jimi hendrix, offspring, goldfinger, dr. dre, ice cube, big pun, eminem....all good stuff Smile I think you might have already found some stuff for a couple of those but i'm just tossing out there what I think of.

Also, I think it would be nice to have more images with actual music or instruments in the picture, rather than just a picture of a band (most of which most probably won't recognize) standing on a street corner or whatever). So, you know, people playing music, concerts, jam sessions, even just random pictures of instruments. Even a few pictures of classical instruments or pictures of orchestras or something like that might not hurt. Anyway, just ideas!
Quote:In fact...just give me of bands to do. Anything you listen to. Just start rattling off bands. And this goes for everybody...just throw em out there.

k...

I'm at work, so no master list but this is whats sitting on my mp3 player right now (minus some local stuff & stuff you already put out) so i'd definately like any or all of these.

You may already have put out some of them, I can't remember everything you've done so far.

sigur ros
the cool kids
the roots
snoop dogg
ministry
miles davis
john coltrane
thelonius monk
the kills (different from the killers)
gang of four
the minutemen
the dead kennedys
tenacious d
nick drake
the flaming lips
tom waits
fugazi (more please)
medeski, martin, and wood
del the funkee homosapien
the presidents of the united states of america
the black keys
the black lips
soul coughing
pj harvey
the blow
sublime
yeah yeah yeahs
17 hippies
the strokes
the dirtbombs
the liars
the hives
old time relijun
vampire weekend
wu-tang clan
the wire
the pixies
esg (emerald, sapphire, gold)
billie holiday
aphex twin
!!!
seu jorge
q and not u
kyuss
keller williams
phish
eagles of death metal
smashing pumpkins
ween
can
joanna newsom
skalpel
frank zappa
sex mob
ol' dirty bastard
minor threat
sex pistols
sleep
spoon
fIREHOUSE
pearl jam
NERD
electric six
hot hot heat
jon spencer
george carlin and the parliment funkadelic (or any combination)
blur
nick cave
the ramones

also to echo what timdog said, live shots are always great to get, but i'm sure its 10000x times harder to get quality ones.

and any generic musical backdrops would also be nice for bands that I can't get good fanart for, i.e. local bands, orchestral stuff, or whatever.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:k...

I'm at work, so no master list but this is whats sitting on my mp3 player right now (minus some local stuff & stuff you already put out) so i'd definately like any or all of these.

sigur ros
the cool kids
the roots
snoop dogg
ministry
miles davis
john coltrane
thelonius monk...

I've saved your list, and will begin tackling it immediately.

Timdog Wrote:rage against the machine, mars volta, pink floyd, jimi hendrix, offspring, goldfinger, dr. dre, ice cube, big pun, eminem....

I've got everything in that list except for goldfinger, dre, cube, and pun. Those are added to the "to do" list.

Quote:Also, I think it would be nice to have more images with actual music or instruments in the picture, rather than just a picture of a band (most of which most probably won't recognize) standing on a street corner or whatever). So, you know, people playing music, concerts, jam sessions, even just random pictures of instruments. Even a few pictures of classical instruments or pictures of orchestras or something like that might not hurt. Anyway, just ideas!

I can do some generic ones after the list of bands I've been presented. I'm guessing that in the future, band-specific fanart will get implemented, but in the meanwhile, generic shots are a good idea.

And as far as the generic shots of the band...I think that when Meligrove still existed, the specs for music said something about pics of just the band if possible. I've just kinda had that in the back of my mind while doing these...

Regardless, I've got a bit to work on now. Any more bands you guys can come up with are more than welcome. Big Grin
Just a little update to let everybody know I'm still working on this stuff. I've got 40 images done so far...just need some freetime to do the rest of them.

Still looking for more suggestions. Let's play "tell me what's on your iPod and I'll make fanart for it." : D

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
how about we play...." What's on your XBMC" ?
Okey Dokey, since ur askin' --

BoDeans
The Peacemakers
Big Head Todd & the Monsters
The Samples
The Dandy Warhols
The Farm
The Lightning Seeds
The Mighty Lemon Drops
The Silencers
James
Chalk Farm
The Railway Children
Widespread Panic
The Big Wu
Indigenous

Very much appreciated and thank you!
Pack 3 is up. Over 70 images this time around, including every request listed...

If I omitted something, it wasn't personal...I just couldn't find decent images to use.

Keep the requests coming folks!
Awesome! Thank you very much!
@digitalhigh

I have quite a few music fanart images that I made. Do you want them to add to your pack? I was planning on uploading them to meligrove once it started hosting music fanart but that seems to have fallen by the wayside. It is mostly punk/metal stuff. Cheers.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:@digitalhigh

I have quite a few music fanart images that I made. Do you want them to add to your pack? I was planning on uploading them to meligrove once it started hosting music fanart but that seems to have fallen by the wayside. It is mostly punk/metal stuff. Cheers.

more metal will be much appreciated
@digitalhigh
thx for sharing
how about realGNR versus fat axl Smile
Rand Al Thor Wrote:@digitalhigh

That would be great! Send me a PM?

Quote:how about realGNR versus fat axl

I tried lookin' a bit yesterday but couldn't find anything high-rez but pics of fat Axel...I suppose I could try again.

What metal bands are you interested in seeing fanart for?
digitalhigh Wrote:I tried lookin' a bit yesterday but couldn't find anything high-rez but pics of fat Axel...I suppose I could try again.

What metal bands are you interested in seeing fanart for?

Whatever Rand Al Thor with make will do for me...
Pantera
Slayer
Sepultura
Iron Maiden
Testament

maybe some pop-gothic stuff like
Within Temptation

thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music FanArt Pack0