PM3.HD and FanArt under File-Mode?
Hi Jezz_X,

Any progress on the development of this?

I'm certainly bursting with anticipation

Nod
sadly no got distracted with other stuff
I would also like to be able to use fanart with PM3 skin (unfortunately pm3.hd doesn't look the best on my aging tv) in file mode. Like others I'm not a fan of library mode and find it much easier to just sort my media out myself. Any chance we might have this feature in the future? PM3 is my favorite skin and I don't really feel like switching to another.
I personally like file mode the way it is because it gives me the option to use file mode when I need to and pretty it all up when I'm in library mode.

The hardest part was fixing up all my files and folders to make them fan art/Library complient and well I'm happy as can be now. Wink
nighthawk Wrote:I would also like to be able to use fanart with PM3 skin (unfortunately pm3.hd doesn't look the best on my aging tv) in file mode. Like others I'm not a fan of library mode and find it much easier to just sort my media out myself. Any chance we might have this feature in the future? PM3 is my favorite skin and I don't really feel like switching to another.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44654
Hi!
I've been using your excellent mediacenter since it branched off xbmp, and now use xbmclinux - There is simply nothing that looks or works better than it IMO.

I have a request for a change\addon in the pm3\pm3.hd skin.

I would like the Fanart view to be working when not in library mode.
It looks very nice in library mode, but I personally prefer the old listing(library seems a bit buggy .. lists things twice, or even more)

Basicly what I want is to hide the menu at the left - show a large fanart background, with cover on top(Preferably larger than it is in library mode), and genre,lenght and year next to that.
To the right of cover I would like the list of movies like it is now(No scrollbar please!)
At bottom right It should still view number of objects, aswell as page num.

I used to use a skin named Vision wich displayed it much like that(With very large cover - wich is nice), but I prefer the pm3 menu system and colorscheme.

Another nice thing about Vision was the ability to use banners instead of covers when looking at TV-Shows. I hope that can be added aswell, since it looks VERY nice.

If those things were implemented in PM3/PM3.HD it would actually be PERFECT in my eyes.

Thanks for reading Smile
Library mode works just fine. It is the scrapers that make movies appear twice because of your file naming structure. I too used to prefer file mode until I spent some time creating nfo's for all my movies with media companion. It will even help you remove duplicate movies.
ekim232 Wrote:Library mode works just fine. It is the scrapers that make movies appear twice because of your file naming structure. I too used to prefer file mode until I spent some time creating nfo's for all my movies with media companion. It will even help you remove duplicate movies.
Well now I know that. I'll get started sorting that out after the holidays.

But still - It would be a nice to have larger covers(and maybe fanart background) in non-library mode aswell.
It is easy to do. The files you need to edit are myvideofiles.xml and viewsfilemode.xml

You will need to copy the code for fanartview from viewslibrarymode.xml and mvvideonav.xml will contain all of the library mode layout code (including what makes fanart work.

Overall, it is not worth the time. Your best thing to do is get your movies in order to be scraped properly and you will never regret it. Pay close attention to 2 disc movies. Try to have them both named the same with moviename-cd1 and moviename-cd2. Improper naming will force media companion to create two nfo's, thus two movies in library mode.
ekim232 Wrote:It is easy to do. The files you need to edit are myvideofiles.xml and viewsfilemode.xml

You will need to copy the code for fanartview from viewslibrarymode.xml and mvvideonav.xml will contain all of the library mode layout code (including what makes fanart work.

Overall, it is not worth the time. Your best thing to do is get your movies in order to be scraped properly and you will never regret it. Pay close attention to 2 disc movies. Try to have them both named the same with moviename-cd1 and moviename-cd2. Improper naming will force media companion to create two nfo's, thus two movies in library mode.

I get why it discovers them twice, but thanks.
About adding the feature myself -- I don't think I have a good enough understanding to do it - And I am sure there are others who would use the feature I am requesting.
I will look into it next week. Are you looking mainly for fanart view to be ported over to filemode?
ekim232 Wrote:I will look into it next week. Are you looking mainly for fanart view to be ported over to filemode?

I mainly want the menu to the left auto-hidden, and larger covers and\or fanart background.
well i took ekim232's advice, and copy pasted my way to get fanart views for non library mode.

looks great....except it looks just a little dodgy.

still says library. i figure if i actually read what i copied i can prolly change that part.

i personally prefer non library mode, and i have sections that i like seperate for my video media. ie kids movies, and regular movies, and furthermore bluray rips.

when i run in library mode, all video media is listed, regardless of type . i guess i could set them as having diff genre of something, but with over 700 movies, its a bit of a pain to organise and re-catagorise.

Dam0
Damo-

You need to just edit the last line in your myvideo.xml

Look for..

<control type="label">
<include>WindowTitleCommons</include>
<label>The Operation - $LOCALIZE[31021]$INFO[Container.PluginName, - ]</label>
</control>

Where mine says The Operation it usually is some localized name, but just change the 2nd half to read file mode or whatever you like.
Guys,

can you please list all the code amendments / steps in 1 post for the fanart in filemode functionality

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PM3.HD and FanArt under File-Mode?0