[MAC] Third-party regular SVN builds for Mac OS X and Apple TV?
XBMC4Ever Wrote:Yes ... achieved via Windoze (WinBlows for Davilla though Smile ).

T'was a combo of some forum info & the TXT file contained in the DMG:
- use WinSCP to move the downloaded DMG file to /Users/Frontrow
- then SSH into the ATV using PUTTY, then ...
sudo bash [enter password]
sudo hdiutil mount XBMC_SVN_16593.dmg
scp -r /Volumes/XBMC_SVN/XBMC.app /Users/Frontrow\
sudo mv /Applications/XBMC.app /Applications/XBMC_OLD.app\
sudo mv ~/XBMC.app /Applications/\
sudo diskutil unmountDisk /Volumes/XBMC_SVN
rm XBMC_SVN_16593.dmg
exit
exit

I believe that was it ... and /Applications/XBMC_OLD.app is still present on the ATV ... I was not going to chown/chgrp & nuke it until I knew all was well.

If I missed something or any other Windoze peeps has more questions, just chime in Nerd

Watch putting too much into /Applications. /Applications is on OSBoot which is only 900MB in size.

The /Users/frontrow path is on Media which has a much larger capacity.

"df -h" will show the allocations.
davilla Wrote:Watch putting too much into /Applications. /Applications is on OSBoot which is only 900MB in size.

The /Users/frontrow path is on Media which has a much larger capacity.

"df -h" will show the allocations.

As per the caution from Davilla, Cool
to remove the old version from the ATV, do this before you exit/exit out of PUTTY:

sudo chown -R frontrow XBMC_OLD.app
sudo chgrp -R frontrow XBMC_OLD.app
sudo chmod -R 755 XBMC_OLD.app
rm -R XBMC_OLD.app
sudo chgrp -R admin XBMC.app
exit
exit

I now only have XBMC.app in my /Applications folder and all still functions OK ... Nerd
PS ... how would the compiler (in this case leigh_munro) add the SVN build to the INFO screen on XBMC ??

i.e. when I go to INFO, it shows XBMC Pre-9.04 unknown build so it would be kewl if the build was still there for reference as LM releases more Smile
Not sure if it is me but the Context Menu appears to have stopped working in the SVN version.

Anyone else having the same problem?
No problems with the context menu here.
Ok refresh my memory.You hold down the menu button on the ATV remote in the Video section?
Great mark all movies as watched appear now in the context menu.......

.....one strange thing....I've upgraded to 2.3 and after this there is no Keymap.xml file anymore in the /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata folder. I've tried to copy my custum keymap here but sorted no effect.....not sure if it's a problem only with SVN + 2.3....

...any ideas?
Same here!

I've got 2 AppleTVs (one v2.2, the other v2.3)

2.3=works fine after upgrading to SVN
2.2=stopped working after upgrade to SVN

brentonmac Wrote:Not sure if it is me but the Context Menu appears to have stopped working in the SVN version.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Context menu is working for me with my ATV 2.3 ..... just hold the menu button....

...my problem is the Keymap.xml file that seems to be ignored

I've copied mine in /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata (there was no keymap.xml to overwrite...this was weird) with the same permissions of the others xml files but XBMC seems to ignore it.

Any idea?

I've tried also to do a

sudo find / -name Keymap.xml

and the only result regarding XBMC was in the /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system , so I've tried to replace that one but still it ignores my custom keymap
voggers Wrote:Same here!

I've got 2 AppleTVs (one v2.2, the other v2.3)

2.3=works fine after upgrading to SVN
2.2=stopped working after upgrade to SVN

I've v2.2 and the context menu is working.
I have 2.2/launcher 0.8 and I just installed this svn release. Context menu is working fine. Everything looks good.
I'm on 2.3 ATV, running the new launcher with no custom key maps and holding down menu isn't working for me to bring up the context menu. Would there be a log file reading for it?
hmm, I must be doing something wrong coz when i launch XBMC it just exits right back to menu (same menu that system starts up in)

I copied the XBMC over to the same dir (renamed the old one first)

did I miss something ?
running atv 2.3 and newest Launcher (v2)
and im on a mac (just used filezilla to copy it over)

thnx
Rod
That's probably a permissions problem. You can copy XBMC.app with Filezilla to the frontrow directory but you will have to use the terminal program to move it from there to the applications folder.
got it working Smile just had to use sudo alot more than i did before Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Third-party regular SVN builds for Mac OS X and Apple TV?0