No 1080p60 from nvidia driver?
Try using the 1920x1080 that actually shows 60hz. See if that makes a difference.

Mine shows 60 when using both (on the Default part of System info).

If I run xrandr this is what I get:

default connected 1920x1080+0+0 0mm x 0mm
1920x1080 60.0* 30.0 24.0

What does your xrandr return?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
If you'd like to do some more real-time debugging, find me on IRC. I'm in the #xbmc-linux channel on freenode.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Matt Devo Wrote:nothing besides the usual judder from displaying 24fps material at 60Hz

Yes, that's what we're talking about. Is that mean, that you accept that and can live with this? Huh
olympia Wrote:Yes, that's what we're talking about. Is that mean, that you accept that and can live with this? Huh

only way to eliminate it is to output 24fps to a compatible 120Hz (or 72Hz) display
olympia Wrote:Yes, that's what we're talking about. Is that mean, that you accept that and can live with this? Huh

That is another problem for another thread as you posted already. With this "fix" here files are now watchable and I for one can deal with the judder for the time being.
For what it's worth, I worked with Matt Devo today on IRC and we fixed his issues with refresh.

His mode lines were not allowing proper refresh when playing videos and when XBMC was set to 1080p.

Matt Devo Wrote:only way to eliminate it is to output 24fps to a compatible 120Hz (or 72Hz) display

I am a little bit confused here. My Panasonic plazma set is 24p compatible, which as I understand means, that can receive 24Hz input and plays that properly without manipulating it. What is 120Hz and 72Hz than?

(my problem is, that I am not able to set 24Hz output on XBMC Live to test this)

Thank you!
olympia Wrote:I am a little bit confused here. My Panasonic plazma set is 24p compatible, which as I understand means, that can receive 24Hz input and plays that properly without manipulating it. What is 120Hz and 72Hz than?

(my problem is, that I am not able to set 24Hz output on XBMC Live to test this)

Thank you!

no 24p compatible display will actually refresh at 24Hz, as that is slow enough to be distracting to our eyes. What they do is refresh at an even multiple of 24 (like 72Hz or 120Hz), so that each film frame is repeated the same number of times per second.

With a 60Hz display, half of the 24 film frames will be repeated 2x and the other half 3x in an alternating manner (2x, 3x, 2x, 3x...) which is what leads to motion judder, particularly noticeable on panning shots.

With a 120Hz display, each film frame is repeated 5x per second, and panning motion etc is perfectly smooth.

olympia, you ought to be able to set XBMC Live to 1920x1080 @ 24Hz in Settings-Appearance-Screen if your video driver supports it.
Matt Devo Wrote:no 24p compatible display will actually refresh at 24Hz, as that is slow enough to be distracting to our eyes. What they do is refresh at an even multiple of 24 (like 72Hz or 120Hz), so that each film frame is repeated the same number of times per second.

Yes, I guessed that, but what was confuse me is what input signal a 24p capable display needs to indentify it as 24p. If I understand right your words, than the input signal has to be 24Hz, than it will be multiply by the TV by 3,4 or 5, depend on the display.

Matt Devo Wrote:olympia, you ought to be able to set XBMC Live to 1920x1080 @ 24Hz in Settings-Appearance-Screen if your video driver supports it.

Unfortunatelly I don't have an option like this. I read something that nvidia's linux driver for 8600GT doesn't support that.

But if it would, how would this setting affect PAL (25fps@50Hz) videos?

Thank you for your support!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No 1080p60 from nvidia driver?0