XBMC Directory Mapping
Could it be possible to map XBMC drectories to a path such as 'XBMC:\\' therefore giving XBMC its own mapping protocol, instead of using drive letters that users, may or may not need?

You could use paths like 'XBMC:\\User' or 'XBMC:\\Scripts', etc. instead of tying up drive lettters which might actualy be needed.

Also i think it would be a good idea to make it possible for the user to map using this protocol as well (since relative path support in XBMC is no existant) that way say someone keeps all their Actor Thumbnails in one specific directory, They could map that to for example, 'xbmc:\actorthumbs and when using nfo's you could just use '<thumb>xbmc:\\actorthiumbs\actor 1.jpg</thumb>' and map the directory in a settings window. What I'm thinking is similiar to an idea like virtual directories,, except on a global scale, So that i could be avaiable all the time, and instead of having to change info on 7000 or so nfo files, you can change a global directory location, and point to it in the nfo files.

I have a multitude of drives (using XBMC on a server with 20 drives) and i would like to have my drives letters free to use in XBMC.

A sample idea of a Mapping xml
Code:
<xbmcmap>
     <mapping>
           <name>thumbs</name>
           <path>smb://SATURN/MediaNFO/Thumbs</path>
      </mapping>
</xbmcmap>
And that would set up mapping for 'xbmc:\\thumbs'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Directory Mapping0