projectM on smb files
again, as far as i can see, projectM visualization doesn't show with files residing on samba shares, at least with me
it works ok if i mount the shares somewhere on the filesystem and play the same files as 'local'

am i the only one with this kind of problem? i really can't see anything in the logs concerning projectM errors...

i'm running R16196 on ubuntu 8.10 and the video adapter is a gf 7150
Same here,
ProjectM is not working (blank screen) for files hosted on smb share. It works on local files.

Ubuntu 8.10 - kernel 2.6.27-7-generic
i686
XBMC Atlantis svn 16164 - installed from Intrepid PPA
Nvidia GeForce 7600 - driver v.177
log file: http://www.pastebin.ca/1265246

Thanks!
Guillaume
There are a bunch of gl errors in your log, probably ominous. It works fine here with pm3hd though, can you try a different skin and see what happens?
I tried with PM3.HD with the same result.

Do you need a new log?
(It's 16 megs -is it normal?- as I don't realy know what to remove...)

...or the problem is outside of XBMC ?

Thanks!

My specs are:
Asus a7n8xe-deluxe
Ahtlon XP 2500+, 1,5 Gig RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7600 512 Mb
Ubuntu 8.10
ok, it seems i solved the problem with one within the following things i did between a session with projectm on smb files NOT working and (finally) working:
  • upgrading to today's svn (R16545 in my case)
  • deleting everything referred to projectm within /usr/share/xbmc/visualizations
  • UNcheck search for icons in remote shares under settings/music/files

i don't know which one did the magic, but now it's working
anyhow, i didn't see anything related in the SVN logs... if it was the second thing to cause the error, maybe something was not overwritten when making install... if it was the third i guess it would need more investigating from the developers, wouldn't it? Smile

anyhow, tomorrow i'm going to put the check back in place and see what happens
sorry to bump an old thread, but the problem never really disappeared... went away for a while and after came back in some restarts later... really don't know what to think, all is working fine with local files (and locally mounted samba shares) but stops working whenever trying it with remote files... the strange is that it's happening ONLY with projectM, so i think there is something with its source and not with how the visualizations work within xbmc

none else with the same problem?
Using the lastest SVN (sorry not at home to get the exact ver), i am NOT experiencing this problem. All my music files are on a remote server, using SAMBA and are not mounted locally on the computer. projectM is working for me.

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
projectM on smb files0