Gyration Media Remote
Hi There,

Tried searching the forum, but couldn't see any posts regarding this remote.

Will the remote work with XBMC Live? it looks like a standard MCE remote, but will i also be able to use the motion sensor part too? or will it just have the standard remote functions?

thanks

http://www.gyration.co.uk/proddata.php?p...re%20Suite
it isn't like a mediacenter remote, as the keys are currently mapped to keypresses instead of lirc codes, as far as i know... anyway, you will be able to use its mouse function, but not many keys, as they aren't correctly mapped... i have one of these, but never tried seriously to make it work with xbmc (or better make xbmc work with it) Smile
succo Wrote:it isn't like a mediacenter remote, as the keys are currently mapped to keypresses instead of lirc codes, as far as i know... anyway, you will be able to use its mouse function, but not many keys, as they aren't correctly mapped... i have one of these, but never tried seriously to make it work with xbmc (or better make xbmc work with it) Smile

thanks for that, do you think (all be it with fiddling & editing xbmc) the remote could be made to work ok for music playing, playlist construction etc?

im a simple fool and only reall need a few functions as witht the xbox version currernlty!

thanks
again, i never really tried to make it work... i guess some work with both lircmap.xml and keymap.xml, and i think someone already posted something for it... try to search the forum
I'm using that remote. Initially only the arrow keys and the ok button worked, plus the right and left mouse buttons and the clear button, mute button, and I think volume up and down buttons worked. I used Intelliremote to remap the clear button to the back arrow, and tied the play and pause buttons to keyboard 'p', the 'i' button to keyboard 'i', and all that now works. The only thing I haven't been able to get to work is the stop button. I tried to map it to keyboard 'x', but for some reason it won't work, so I have to hit pause and then back, which keeps the last frame in the background but that doesn't bother me. I'm sure there's a way to make it all work, I only downloaded XBMC and intelliremote a day or two ago, haven't read much of the documentation for either yet, but got the rest already working, so I don't think it will take much tweaking to get it all working.

edit: just noticed this is under XBMC live, not XBMC. Not sure what the difference is, and Intelliremote has an XBMC profile, not an XBMC live profile. Not sure if that would make a difference
Thanks for the info, i think i'll plow ahead an buy one, i can use it for windows work anyway. and im sure with some tinkering i can get it to work for the bits i need.

thanks for the info guys!

Rita Wrote:I'm using that remote. Initially only the arrow keys and the ok button worked, plus the right and left mouse buttons and the clear button, mute button, and I think volume up and down buttons worked. I used Intelliremote to remap the clear button to the back arrow, and tied the play and pause buttons to keyboard 'p', the 'i' button to keyboard 'i', and all that now works. The only thing I haven't been able to get to work is the stop button. I tried to map it to keyboard 'x', but for some reason it won't work, so I have to hit pause and then back, which keeps the last frame in the background but that doesn't bother me. I'm sure there's a way to make it all work, I only downloaded XBMC and intelliremote a day or two ago, haven't read much of the documentation for either yet, but got the rest already working, so I don't think it will take much tweaking to get it all working.

edit: just noticed this is under XBMC live, not XBMC. Not sure what the difference is, and Intelliremote has an XBMC profile, not an XBMC live profile. Not sure if that would make a difference

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gyration Media Remote0