Help for adv. remote codes with Logitech Harmony One & Xbox dongle
Question 
Hello folks !
First of all, I am a good tweaker but not very familiar with linux environment, allthough I found some things within this forum that helped me to use putty, and root acces in sftp mode

I'm using a HDD install of xbmc final

I have a Logitech Harmony One and the xbox dvd dongle as reciever
I soldered a usb adapter, followed the 'tuto' to have it work on xbmc but I can only have the primary butons functions (with some strange bugs I will explain in another threadRolleyes)

But the logitech remote, configured as xbox remote can send several additional commands.
On the xbox, the advancedsettings.xml helped me to find the codes recieved by xbmc, but in Live version, I don't see anyway to find what the obc numbers are
Or if I had a way to find out the hexadecimals codes, I could configure the lircd.conf, but I'm stuck !

Any solution to find these codes ?
just configure the Harmony as a Microsoft MCE-1040 remote, then it will work out of the box with XBMC (Live). Easier than re-inventing the wheel
but I would need a MCE reciever, no ?
I guess it depends on if the dongle IR receiver will pass RC6 codes as well as RC5 codes.
Anyway, still no solution
There must be a way to retrieve the codes recieved by linux
Try the command 'irw' in a terminal. It will wait for any IR codes to be received and then print them out on the screen.

Note that I don't know if lircd.conf needs to be configured with the proper remote first for this to work or not.
You are looking for mode2...
Please let me know if you can use the Media center remote with an xbox1 receiver. I have a multi-remote but if I configure it for MC it will loose its xbox remote settings, and the xbox remote is not good enough for me (but better than nothing)

http://www.lirc.org/html/mode2.html
Imaginos Wrote:Hello folks !
First of all, I am a good tweaker but not very familiar with linux environment, allthough I found some things within this forum that helped me to use putty, and root acces in sftp mode

I'm using a HDD install of xbmc final

I have a Logitech Harmony One and the xbox dvd dongle as reciever
I soldered a usb adapter, followed the 'tuto' to have it work on xbmc but I can only have the primary butons functions (with some strange bugs I will explain in another threadRolleyes)

But the logitech remote, configured as xbox remote can send several additional commands.
On the xbox, the advancedsettings.xml helped me to find the codes recieved by xbmc, but in Live version, I don't see anyway to find what the obc numbers are
Or if I had a way to find out the hexadecimals codes, I could configure the lircd.conf, but I'm stuck !

Any solution to find these codes ?

Is it an original xbox dvd dongle or is it another brand than microsoft?

I have a harmony 525 remote which I have got to work with xbmc linux. This was just a matter of setting up lirc correctly. Start by testing the original xbox dvd remote with the dongle and get that to work. If you get that to work it's just som profile setting in the harmony remote that's your problem.

Your answer will be found in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33418&page=2
phunqe Wrote:Try the command 'irw' in a terminal. It will wait for any IR codes to be received and then print them out on the screen.

Note that I don't know if lircd.conf needs to be configured with the proper remote first for this to work or not.

I know irw, but it won't help as linux/xbmc will only recieve/recognize code defined in lircd.conf, I speak about the lines with hexadecimal codes (ox...)
These are the codes I would need in fact !

Mackan2 Wrote:You are looking for mode2...
Please let me know if you can use the Media center remote with an xbox1 receiver. I have a multi-remote but if I configure it for MC it will loose its xbox remote settings, and the xbox remote is not good enough for me (but better than nothing)

YES, this link seems most interesting !!
I'm gonna check this tonight and let you know !

Snixten Wrote:Is it an original xbox dvd dongle or is it another brand than microsoft?

I have a harmony 525 remote which I have got to work with xbmc linux. This was just a matter of setting up lirc correctly. Start by testing the original xbox dvd remote with the dongle and get that to work. If you get that to work it's just som profile setting in the harmony remote that's your problem.

Your answer will be found in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33418&page=2
It's the original and as I said before, the basic fonctions corresponding to the keys of the basic xbox remote are working perfectly, but what I need is the codes for using advanced commands wich are enabled with the extender remote
Mackan2 Wrote:You are looking for mode2...

mmm the trouble is : how do I know the name of the device for using -d option ?
cause, if I don't select a device, I get an error...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help for adv. remote codes with Logitech Harmony One & Xbox dongle0