• 4(current)
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac
Strange goings on... I store my EyeTV recordings on an external HD which is connected to my mac mini via firewire. After setting the correct path in the plugin settings I cannot browse the archive and clicking the EyeTV icon does nothing (selecting play from the context menu does play the first file in the list though). When I transferred a recording to my mac HD and placed it in an old EyeTV directory structure, adjusting the settings appropriately, everything worked as it should. Strange thing is that I have numerous TV shows and movies from other sources stored on the external drive which Plex plays nicely with. As I can't find anything online so I was wondering if anybody else has experienced similar issues?
I've been trying to figure out how to change the default location for eyeTV recordings to an SMB share.

I've got XMBCEyetvParser working fine with locally stored stuff, but that means having to copy things over from a Mac to my ATV.

I'd like to be able to point XBMCEyetvParser to something like "SMB://Mac/eyeTVRecordings"

I've tried to set this in the lines in settings.xml in

/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Settings/XBMC/plugins/video/XBMCeyeTVParser/settings.xml

and also in

/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Settings/XBMC/plugins/video/XBMCeyeTVParser/settings.xml

using this line:

<setting id="path" type="folder" option="writeable"
label="30420" default="/Volumes/RAID/Movies/EyeTV/EyeTV Archive"/>

and changing to <setting id="path" type="folder" option="writeable"
label="30420" default=SMB://Mac/eyeTVRecordings/">

but it never seems to stick. Are these the right places to do it? Note -- it can't be changed to an SMB drive through the settings option....or I haven't figured out how to.
I'm not sure if this was just a typo when you were posting, but you left out a quote:
label="30420" default=SMB://Mac/eyeTVRecordings/">

should be:

label="30420" default="SMB://Mac/eyeTVRecordings/">

If thats not the problem, you could always try mounting a drive as an alias:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?s...0225855377
When i select
main xbmc menu > videos > video plugins > xbmceyetvparser or xbmceyetvscraper i only get an error message "error: script failed: xbmceyetvparser".

Just opening the EyeTV archive folder in file view will display a normal file view without any information- or content-panels.

xbmc.log:
http://pastebin.ca/1728508

XBMC, Platform: Mac OS X. Built on Dec 23 2009 (SVN:26018),
EyeTV 3
Archive is located on a external HDD via FireWire.
hi all

i've read that xbmc now supports (in alpha) eyetv integration
Is this also the case on the mac ?
any aussie users here have it setup and working ?
any aussie foxtel users ?
I think I read about an eyetv plugin somewhere - check the SVN repo installer, and do some searches here on the forums.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I think I read about an eyetv plugin somewhere - check the SVN repo installer, and do some searches here on the forums.

the SVN repo installer doesn't look to me like it's mac os compatible
Sure it is - it's usually included by default in releases under the Program Plugins.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi all

I'm going to try the XBMCEyeTVInergration plugin and was hoping someone could advise which EyeTV version is compatible with cable tv set top boxes, specifically for Foxtel ? (in AU)

Also, is there a solution for an integrated EPG ?
be nice to have this working on xbmc

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmen...t4.en.html
purplechris Wrote:be nice to have this working on xbmc

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmen...t4.en.html

I guess but I'm looking for cable tv intergration
I have looked through the svn repo installer (which is a sweet piece of software in itself) but I have not yet seen anything that connects to EyeTV software so I can actually watch TV as part of the media center.
You're not looking hard enough. Its there, I saw it the other day. At work, so can't step you through it.
Omg i want this. Please2implement!!!
Downloaded myself just the other day from the svn repo installer. It is implemented and its there.
A F'n Roku, cant wait to build a ryzen.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac3