• 5(current)
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac
ScXbmc Wrote:I have looked through the svn repo installer (which is a sweet piece of software in itself) but I have not yet seen anything that connects to EyeTV software so I can actually watch TV as part of the media center.

I wrote xbmceyetvparser. It's in the svn repo installer, in Nuka's unofficial google code repo. You can't see it on the google code site becuase of google code's lame limited textlist, but you can type in the URL directly, like this:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/sou...etvParser/

I havn't touched the code in over a year so it might need some updating, but it served me well for a year before I switched up my setup. Feel free to update it under GPL.
screenshot please
I also am getting the "Script Fails" message as well.

It WAS working - I was running the latest "official" release of XBMC for Mac OS, but recently ordered and installed one of the Broadcom Crystal HD cards for my Mac Mini (1.66GHz), as it was struggling to render the 1080i video that EyeTV was capturing through XBMC.

After I installed the card, I realized that the latest stable version was BEFORE the support for the Broadcom Crystal HD card was implemented, so I downloaded a nightly build.

Since then the XBMCEyeTVParser plugin doesn't work - I just get the Script Failed. I AM able to use the XBMCEyeTVScraper plugin which, from what I can tell, does the exact same thing - albeit SLOWLY...

I'd like to get back the XBMCEyeTVParser plugin, as it was REALLY fast and worked like a champ (until it didn't work anymore Rofl)...
@jimcarroll Hi Jim,

I've tried the same thing with no success. Did you get anywhere with this in the end?
Is there a way to run this plugin in the latest Dharma release(XBMC PRE 10.5) or is only the official XBMC release supported? The Dharma release seems to have a whole different approach installing plugins, what is nice (was jealous after seeing Plex and Boxee Wink) but complicated for unsupported plugins Sad

B.t.w. lots of kudos for your excellent work xbmchead!
Beckershoff Wrote:Is there a way to run this plugin in the latest Dharma release(XBMC PRE 10.5) or is only the official XBMC release supported? The Dharma release seems to have a whole different approach installing plugins, what is nice (was jealous after seeing Plex and Boxee ;)) but complicated for unsupported plugins :(

B.t.w. lots of kudos for your excellent work xbmchead!

Sorry Beckershoff, it's only 9.11 old school style plugin.
I don't currently use my eyetv anymore so it's going to fall to someone else to port, is that person you?
Shouldnt be too hard from what I've read, it's GPL so let 'er rip.
|-<:)
Elgato is running a poll, one of which is feature requests.

Boxee, Plex, Front Row, XBMC integration.

http://forums.elgato.com/viewtopic.php?f...659#p40925

Head on over and vote if you have an eyetv Smile
I re-wrote an EyeTV parser for Dharma.
I haven't implemented the TOG. I just parse the "EyeTV Archive.xml" to display the recordings available in the library. I wanted to keep it fast (because that's the way I use it).

It's available in the official repository.
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Can we have a possibility to browse EyeTV Archive folder from a networked SMB share? This would make this addon awesome for many users...
pkolkkal Wrote:Can we have a possibility to browse EyeTV Archive folder from a networked SMB share? This would make this addon awesome for many users...
That's exactly how I use it :-)
You need to add the SMB share as a source in XBMC first (Videos -> Add Source). Then you should be able to browse that share when selecting the "EyeTV Archive path" in the addon settings.
I've added the SMB source in File Manager and Videos>Files but that source folder still cannot be selected in EyeTV Parser settings (it only lists home, root, PATCHSTICK and Recovery).

Using Crystalbuntu, btw.
pkolkkal Wrote:I've added the SMB source in File Manager and Videos>Files but that source folder still cannot be selected in EyeTV Parser settings (it only lists home, root, PATCHSTICK and Recovery).

Using Crystalbuntu, btw.

Have you done "Add network location..."?
The location should be added in the userdata/mediasources.xml file.
It it's there, it should be selectable in the addon settings.
Beenje Wrote:Have you done "Add network location..."?
The location should be added in the userdata/mediasources.xml file.
It it's there, it should be selectable in the addon settings.

That's it! I didn't know there was yet another place to add a shortcut to filesystem.

Thanks! Smile
Beenje Wrote:I re-wrote an EyeTV parser for Dharma.
I haven't implemented the TOG. I just parse the "EyeTV Archive.xml" to display the recordings available in the library. I wanted to keep it fast (because that's the way I use it).

It's available in the official repository.

I am running Dharma 10 on a Mini Server (mid 2010). The addon allows me to see my EyeTV HD archive but playback is very jerky and is basically unwatchable. Even my 540p recordings won't play properly. This must be something simple, perhaps in my settings, as XBMC has no problems with the mpg files if I pull them out of the EyeTV archives. This addon is exactly what I have been waiting for. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks...philip
pmcd Wrote:I am running Dharma 10 on a Mini Server (mid 2010). The addon allows me to see my EyeTV HD archive but playback is very jerky and is basically unwatchable. Even my 540p recordings won't play properly. This must be something simple, perhaps in my settings, as XBMC has no problems with the mpg files if I pull them out of the EyeTV archives. This addon is exactly what I have been waiting for. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks...philip

The addon is only used to give the list of recordings to XBMC.
There should be no difference when playing a recording via the addon or by browsing in the .eyetv directory and selecting the mpg.
When you "pull them out of the EyeTV archives", where do you put the file? Locally? On another network share?
Do you use wifi? Might more be a network problem.
Try playing a mpg by browsing inside the eyetv directory (without moving the file).
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac3