• 6(current)
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac
Beenje Wrote:The addon is only used to give the list of recordings to XBMC.
There should be no difference when playing a recording via the addon or by browsing in the .eyetv directory and selecting the mpg.
When you "pull them out of the EyeTV archives", where do you put the file? Locally? On another network share?
Do you use wifi? Might more be a network problem.
Try playing a mpg by browsing inside the eyetv directory (without moving the file).

Whoops, I spoke too soon. If I export the file to m4v or mp4 ( no transcoding) then it plays file. I tried playing the mpg inside the eyetv directory as you suggested and I got the same stuttering results. It might be that I am running 10.6.5 on my new Mini? I don't really know how to downgrade to 10.6.3 without a major hassle. If I turn hardware acceleration off then I can't play the files properly at all.

I am playing the files locally. There seems to be some issue with 10.6.5 and the Mini's nvidia drivers and hardware acceleration. I will try to install 10.6.3 on an external drive and see if the problem persists.

The mpg files to play perfectly in quicktime, FrontRow and EyeTV of course.

philip
Hi there,
I'm running xbmc on Mac os X.6 and also have EyeTV 3. I've looked thru Google to find some way to watch my tv channels with xbmc but failed to find any relevant information.
Would there be some sort of addon for xbmc to run EyeTV (so far, xbmc is a good alternative to Frontrow except that I can play EyeTV from the Frontrow menu).
Happy new year to all,
Nod
I see my topic has been moved to the appropriate section. thanx for that.
The trouble is that i still can't sort my problem out. I don't know what to do with EyeTV Parser.
Thanks for any help on this.
hicetnunc Wrote:I see my topic has been moved to the appropriate section. thanx for that.
The trouble is that i still can't sort my problem out. I don't know what to do with EyeTV Parser.
Thanks for any help on this.

EyeTV parser is an addon to display (and play) your EyeTV library recordings, not to watch live TV.
I could display the live buffer as well, but that would not solve your problem (you would still have to start EyeTV and choose the channel from EyeTV software).
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Beenje Wrote:EyeTV parser is an addon to display (and play) your EyeTV library recordings, not to watch live TV.
I could display the live buffer as well, but that would not solve your problem (you would still have to start EyeTV and choose the channel from EyeTV software).

Many thanks for your answer to my post
Isn't there a way to play EyeTV tv channels with xbmc (maybe other than eyetv parser) ?
Best,
hicetnunc Wrote:Many thanks for your answer to my post
Isn't there a way to play EyeTV tv channels with xbmc (maybe other than eyetv parser) ?
Best,

Check http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31582&page=5 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRDbgAg9Gc8
But plugin doesn't seem to be available anywhere. You can try to contact the author.
Beenje Wrote:Check http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31582&page=5 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRDbgAg9Gc8
But plugin doesn't seem to be available anywhere. You can try to contact the author.

thanks for that too
I've sent a PM to the author - hope to get some feedback on this.
Beenje Wrote:Have you done "Add network location..."?
The location should be added in the userdata/mediasources.xml file.
It it's there, it should be selectable in the addon settings.

I am using openELEC to run XBMC on my AppleTV

When I try to add the path to the EyeTV Parser for my iMac folder containing the recordings it only shows local sources.

I tried to select "new folder" and I manually typed in the smb share location but I get a message saying I need read/write access.

I checked my sharing options on my iMac and the folders are open for everyone to read/write.

I then tried to add the share to the mediasources.xml as per above (mine was just called sources.xml in openELEC). It is already there as I added the folder as a source and am currently playing the eyetv files while avoiding the liveTV buffer and schedule files.

I have attached the xml file, is there anything different I need to do?

Dave

<sources>
- <programs>
<default pathversion="1" />
</programs>
- <video>
- <source>
<name>Videos</name>
<path pathversion="1">/storage/videos/</path>
</source>
- <source>
<name>TV Shows</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.4:445/Archived TV/</path>
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.4:445/iTunes/TV Shows/</path>
</source>
- <source>
<name>Movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.4:445/Movies/</path>
</source>
- <source>
<name>EyeTV Archive</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.4:445/EyeTV Archive/</path>
</source>
</video>
- <music>
- <source>
<name>Music</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.4:445/iTunes/Music/</path>
</source>
</music>
- <pictures>
- <source>
<name>Pictures</name>
<path pathversion="1">/storage/pictures/</path>
</source>
</pictures>
- <files>
</files>
</sources>
ok I added the source by pressing right on settings in the main menu, going to file manager and adding the network source there.

I now get a message that the eyetv archive.xml file cannot be parsed. it is in the folder so I dont know what the issue is

Any ideas?

Dave
gsi095 Wrote:ok I added the source by pressing right on settings in the main menu, going to file manager and adding the network source there.

I now get a message that the eyetv archive.xml file cannot be parsed. it is in the folder so I dont know what the issue is

Any ideas?

Dave

I guess openELEC is using external python.
With external python, addons cannot access XBMC virtual filesystem.
Problem was the same on atv2. It was solved by adding a new python module (xbmcvfs). The EyeTV parser addon has been updated to use that module (if available) to copy it locally before to parse it.

So you can:
1) wait for this change to be included in openELEC
2) or mount the samba share locally and use that local directory
(run something like mount -t cifs //<IP address>/<directory> -o username=<user>,password=<passwd> /storage/<directory>)
Beenje Wrote:I guess openELEC is using external python.
With external python, addons cannot access XBMC virtual filesystem.
Problem was the same on atv2. It was solved by adding a new python module (xbmcvfs). The EyeTV parser addon has been updated to use that module (if available) to copy it locally before to parse it.

So you can:
1) wait for this change to be included in openELEC
2) or mount the samba share locally and use that local directory
(run something like mount -t cifs //<IP address>/<directory> -o username=<user>,password=<passwd> /storage/<directory>)

Openelec advertised that they use Python 2.6 instead of 2.4 is this likely the cause?

Can you provide a dummies guide to xbmcvfs so I could try to make it work

Thanks
Dave
gsi095 Wrote:Can you provide a dummies guide to xbmcvfs so I could try to make it work

xbmcfvs is in XBMC or it's not.
Gonna have to wait for it to be in XBMC release.
It's already in atv2 because it's running a specific release (not Dharma).

So, just mount the share locally:
1. ssh root@<atv IP address>
2. mkdir /storage/<directory> # that's where you want to mount it
3. mount -t cifs //<server IP address>/<directory> -o username=<user>,password=<passwd> /storage/<directory>
Hi,

gsi095 Wrote:Can you provide a dummies guide to xbmcvfs so I could try to make it work

Thanks
Dave

i have backported xbmcvfs to or XBMC version, let me know wich image you need (like ION/64bit) and i will create a test image for you
greetings, Stephan

Beenje Wrote:Have you done "Add network location..."?
The location should be added in the userdata/mediasources.xml file.
It it's there, it should be selectable in the addon settings.

I also have a problem.

I want the add-on to parse the 'EyeTV Archive' on the HD on another Mc within the Network. So I did 'add location' but when I set the parser up to select that folder it returns an error message telling me "not enough permissions'. Strange since I have set the EyeTV Archive folder to have all permissions to everyone.

I would appreciate if you could give me the steps to get this solved.
I use Lion and have a strange problem. XBMC is installed on a headless Mini so no keyboard, no mouse, no display (except the TV). I get all my regular files from a NAS and that works fine.

However my 'EyeTV Archive' (set for sharing) is located on my iMac in the same network. The only way I can get it working is by opening in Finder the 'EyeTV Archive' which results in a Volume on the desktop AND opening a finder window. This is the only way I can select the folder within the add-on settings.

I have to put that in my account/logon so that all this is set in the case the Mini has to be restarted. This works fine.

There is only 1 drawback and that is the Finder Window (containing 'EyeTV Archive') is visible upon the XBMC screen and can only be gotten rid of by connecting a mouse and closing that window.

1. I do not understand why I have to open this 'EyeTV Archive' at all. I do not have to do that for my NAS files. Looks like Bonjour is not working in Lion.

2. How can I solve this so there is no need for closing this Window. maybe there is a way I can force the Finder to complete before XBMC is started?

3. How do other people get the parser working?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac3