• 7(current)
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac
antoniong Wrote:1. I do not understand why I have to open this 'EyeTV Archive' at all. I do not have to do that for my NAS files. Looks like Bonjour is not working in Lion.

2. How can I solve this so there is no need for closing this Window. maybe there is a way I can force the Finder to complete before XBMC is started?

3. How do other people get the parser working?

1. What protocol do you use to access your NAS files?

2. Unfortunately I don't think you can avoid this finder window to open...

3. You can enable smb file sharing in Lion. Go to "System Preferences" -> Sharing. Enable "File Sharing" and click on "Options..." to enable "Share files and folders using SMB". After that you'll be able to add a new network share in XBMC.
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
antoniong Wrote:There is only 1 drawback and that is the Finder Window (containing 'EyeTV Archive') is visible upon the XBMC screen and can only be gotten rid of by connecting a mouse and closing that window.

Note that if you enable "Screen Sharing" on your mac mini, you can easily access it from your iMac. Easier than having to connect a mouse.
I use SMB (and is activated) mainly because I see no other way to connect from within XBMC. Afaik AFP is not possible.

I know screen sharing but (1) the iMac is in a another place (2 stairs up) in the house and (2) that is not a feasable option for wife and grand children.

Other question: in my search for a solution I came across the files "mediasources.xml" and "sources.xml". Are these used by the EyeTV Parser and how?
antoniong Wrote:Other question: in my search for a solution I came across the files "mediasources.xml" and "sources.xml". Are these used by the EyeTV Parser and how?
When selecting the "EyeTV Archive path" in the Settings, you should see the sources defined in both "mediasources.xml" and "sources.xml".

To come back to your problem, SMB on Lion still doesn't work with XBMC... My mistake. Sorry about that.
There are other solutions listed here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106659

Do you open XBMC automatically when you log in?
Did you put XBMC after the network volume in Login Items?
Doing so, on my mac mini, XBMC starts after the finder window has been opened.
Quote:When selecting the "EyeTV Archive path" in the Settings, you should see the sources defined in both "mediasources.xml" and "sources.xml.

So I can try to solve it by manually adding the correct path to (both?) these files.

Quote:SMB on Lion still doesn't work with XBMC

SureHuh? I have no problems using SMB while accessing my NAS and a folder located on my iMac. I have only a problem accessing the EyeTV Archive using EyeTV Parser. Accessing the EyeTV folder thru movies is again no problem.

Quote:Do you open XBMC automatically when you log in?
Yes.

Quote:Did you put XBMC after the network volume in Login Items?

Yes, but only for the iMac. Strangely enough this is the only way I got it working since accessing the NAS does not require that.

Quote:Doing so, on my mac mini, XBMC starts after the finder window has been opened.

Most of the time it does but sometimes the mounting takes too much time. I use a 2010 Mini.
Addendum:

To make my problem (maybe) simpler:

If I put the EyeTV Archive in the movie list (using add source) then I can access it without any problems. Drawback is I see all entries and not only the .eyetv.

If I then select it using the settings from the Parse then I get a crypted error "Make sure the selected folder is writable". It is and all included.
antoniong Wrote:SureHuh? I have no problems using SMB while accessing my NAS and a folder located on my iMac. I have only a problem accessing the EyeTV Archive using EyeTV Parser. Accessing the EyeTV folder thru movies is again no problem.

You can see the files, but can you play any? I don't think so.
That's exactly the current problem with smb and Lion. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=865476

antoniong Wrote:If I then select it using the settings from the Parse then I get a crypted error "Make sure the selected folder is writable". It is and all included.

Same problem.
I don't remember why I set the directory to be writeable... It's not needed.
I might change that in an update. You can remove 'option="writeable"' in plugin.video.eyetv.parser/resources/settings.xml, but you won't go much further. It's just broken with Lion.
Beenje Wrote:You can see the files, but can you play any? I don't think so.
That's exactly the current problem with smb and Lion. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=865476

Sorry to disagree but I can play files from my NAS (Qnap 119+p, FW: 3.5) with no problems. MacMini is running Lion/OSX 10.7.

Only problem I have is when I want to go they EyeTV Parser.

Quote:Same problem.
I don't remember why I set the directory to be writeable... It's not needed.
I might change that in an update. You can remove 'option="writeable"' in plugin.video.eyetv.parser/resources/settings.xml, but you won't go much further. It's just broken with Lion.

Will change that. Will be somewhere tonight.
antoniong Wrote:Sorry to disagree but I can play files from my NAS (Qnap 119+p, FW: 3.5) with no problems. MacMini is running Lion/OSX 10.7.

Only problem I have is when I want to go they EyeTV Parser.

Is your "EyeTV Archive" on your NAS? Not according to your first post.
Problem is not running XBMC on Lion. Problem is using Lion as a smb server for XBMC (as you do with your iMac). This doesn't work.
EyeTV is running on my iMac. Lion is now about 1 month old so why don't they change XBMC?

I don't understand the whole problem! I just mounted the HD of my MacbookAir using Cmd-K and SMB as a protocol. I do not have the slightest problem to play any file from that MBA on my iMac using apps like VLC.

That means to me that XBMC apparently is not using SMB as provided by Apple but some proprietary thing.

Something completely different" have you ever used EyeTV where the archive was residing on a Nas? An did it work satisfactory?
antoniong Wrote:EyeTV is running on my iMac. Lion is now about 1 month old so why don't they change XBMC?

I don't understand the whole problem! I just mounted the HD of my MacbookAir using Cmd-K and SMB as a protocol. I do not have the slightest problem to play any file from that MBA on my iMac using apps like VLC.

That means to me that XBMC apparently is not using SMB as provided by Apple but some proprietary thing.

Patches welcome :-)

Just mount your iMac folder using AFP or SMB on your mac mini, it will work with XBMC as well.
As you are running Lion on your mac mini you can create a second Desktop and assign XBMC to it. The finder window should open on the first Desktop and XBMC on the second (check http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/21/lion...n-control/). Give it a try.

antoniong Wrote:Something completely different" have you ever used EyeTV where the archive was residing on a Nas? An did it work satisfactory?

Nope, I haven't tried.
Beenje Wrote:Just mount your iMac folder using AFP or SMB on your mac mini, it will work with XBMC as well.
As you are running Lion on your mac mini you can create a second Desktop and assign XBMC to it. The finder window should open on the first Desktop and XBMC on the second (check http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/21/lion...n-control/). Give it a try.

I'm sorry but I probably don't understand you. What is the use of creating a second desktop? Just to hide a Finderwindow? Mounting manually is no problem.

The problem arises when I am not there then no one is able to do that. That was my reason to start using a MacMini as a media player. Turn it on, give them a minimal remote and it works.
antoniong Wrote:I'm sorry but I probably don't understand you. What is the use of creating a second desktop? Just to hide a Finderwindow? Mounting manually is no problem.

The problem arises when I am not there then no one is able to do that. That was my reason to start using a MacMini as a media player. Turn it on, give them a minimal remote and it works.

I'm the one lost now.
I thought your problem was:
antoniong Wrote:I have to put that in my account/logon so that all this is set in the case the Mini has to be restarted. This works fine.

There is only 1 drawback and that is the Finder Window (containing 'EyeTV Archive') is visible upon the XBMC screen and can only be gotten rid of by connecting a mouse and closing that window.

You said mounting was done automatically... Creating a second desktop was just an idea to solve that.
If it doesn't work, I gave you the link to another thread with different solutions to have filesharing from Lion.
This is not an "EyeTV Parser" problem, so you should probably check the mac sub forum if you are still looking for another answer.
Ah, you mean 'that' problem. That I already solved (for probably 99% of the time) by putting a small script (mounting the necessary volumes) in the login items on a point before the XBMC. The script does not use the Finder so does not create any windows which might conflict with XBMC. This is not a specific parser problem. Anyway, if I recall correctly I put that (now solved) problem in another thread.
Solved all (?) problems by implementing a FTP server on the iMac side. Works fine with EyeTV Parser.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac3