• 15(current)
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac
All it needs is the IP-address where the EyeTV software/hardware is located and then (in Recordings) you need to fill in where the EyeTV Archive is located.

Works like a gem in Gotham.
Ive done that. Im running OSX Server on my mac mini. Eye TV is open.... I have changed it to my IP, even tried Mac-Mini.local host name in server. When I type in the host name I at least get a working wheel then it says unreachable. When I type in the IP it just instantly says server is unavailable. Sad
XBMC is not running on the Mini. Then probably permissions are not set correctly. Maybe changing the URL from "Http://...." to "http://userid:password@..........".
What URL?
The one where you tell it where the EyeTV Archive is located in the Recordings tab,
Gotcha, Im really not concerned with recordings. I just wanna watch live tv Sad When I enter my IP do I just enter it like XX.XXX.XX.XXX or do I enter a URL there as well?
FINALLY fixed it. One last question. I use my Apple Remote to control XBMC. however with eyetv open in the background I can no longer control XBMC with the apple remote. Any ideas? Also is there a way to increase the bit rate beyond what the parser allows? The quality when in xbmc is pretty degraded compared to the eyetv app. Thanks!
(2014-05-10, 19:45)Famous600 Wrote: FINALLY fixed it. One last question. I use my Apple Remote to control XBMC. however with eyetv open in the background I can no longer control XBMC with the apple remote. Any ideas? Also is there a way to increase the bit rate beyond what the parser allows? The quality when in xbmc is pretty degraded compared to the eyetv app. Thanks!

For the IP, if you are on the same machine, you should just use the localhost: 127.0.0.1
I don't know about the remote problem. This is more a mac question. Try to ask in the dedicated forum.

The quality is unfortunately limited by the EyeTV app when using the http interface...
I haven't managed to get better.
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ya that's really the only drawback. I've noticed recordings play great. But live streams ehhhh
If you have eyetv netstream u can watch live tv directly from XBMC LiveTV section. And works great
Hi,

I just installed a fresh copy of Kodi and Eyetv parser on OS X el capitan, latest version of eyetv is running on the same machine and not showing a live stream, and I get an error, enclosed below. I've tried setting put eyetv parser to point at various paths with out any difference. At times, eyetv parser tells me that authentication is required, but I've configured the eyetv plugin not to require password. Can anyone help me?

Thanks, Jon

-----

16:14:09 T:123145308282880 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>
Error Contents: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1526, column 14
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/jon/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/addon.py", line 152, in <module>
plugin.run()
File "/Users/jon/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.xbmcswift/lib/xbmcswift/plugin.py", line 330, in run
self.dispatch(self.path)
File "/Users/jon/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.xbmcswift/lib/xbmcswift/plugin.py", line 129, in dispatch
return view_func(**items)
File "/Users/jon/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/addon.py", line 100, in show_recordings
eyetv = Eyetv(archivePath, sortMethod)
File "/Users/jon/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/resources/lib/eyetv_parser.py", line 99, in __init__
plist = Plist().load(localXml)
File "/Users/jon/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/resources/lib/eyetv_parser.py", line 76, in load
for action, elem in parser:
File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 937, in next
File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1245, in feed
ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1526, column 14
-->End of Python script error report<--
16:14:09 T:140735182557184 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.eyetv.parser/recordings/
16:14:09 T:140735182557184 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.eyetv.parser/recordings/) failed
(2016-05-29, 16:34)sporring Wrote: Hi,

16:14:09 T:140735182557184 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.eyetv.parser/recordings/
16:14:09 T:140735182557184 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.eyetv.parser/recordings/) failed

Unfortunately this plugin is quite old, pre-Kodi, so I doubt it's going to work with Kodi.
I ditched my EyeTV almost a decade ago.
Of course anyone is welcome to take this open source code and run with it.
|-<:)
(2016-05-29, 16:34)sporring Wrote: ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1526, column 14

Hi,

I'm the author of the latest EyeTV parser add-on but I don't maintain it anymore.
The error is raised when parsing the 'EyeTV Archive.xml' file. The format may have changed in new EyeTV version or you might have some strange characters.
If you can send me your 'EyeTV Archive.xml' file, I could have a quick look but I don't promise anything.
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I´m sorry to upp this thread.
I have eyetv parser working and can watch tv form other computer, but.. the quality its very poor... looking for alternatives.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac3